• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 BazEP3's 30th Anniversary Edition EP3

IMG_20190219_195720491_zpspstxrc3e.jpg

Thanks buddy, yeah the previous owner had it for about a year so that sounds right. I really need to get an oil change done on it next for my piece of mind. Also could do with new discs and pads on the back.

Looks good, special editions are always good to preserve.

Might need one for the Honda museum being built in Swindon in 2022.

I certainly want to preserve this one. Hate the thought of so many of these gone already. Plus I still have two years to pay it off lol so it's an investment for me.

Didn't know they were building a museum. I shall definitely be going there when it's built as Swindon isn't far from me. Such a shame about the factory shutting down isn't it.

Sorry, bit of vitriolic sarcasm about the museum.

If there was one it would not go very far to replacing the lost jobs for sure.

Ahhh I'm on the same page as you now. I'm still not great at spotting sarcasm on forums as it turns out then. It's a terrible situation for all the workers there, and all the supporting businesses that will take a hit. So many great cars have been built there.

Quick update: I have ordered a pair of rear Brembo solid discs, rear Brembo pads and a caliper piston rewind tool kit. Also I had some Osram Cool Blue sidelights arrive on Friday. Which should result in whiter looking lights, the current sidelights are proper yellow. So now I have got a few jobs lined up to do, with the help of good old youtube.

Took the opportunity on Saturday to sort the rear brakes before the bad weather hit. Thought it would take a couple of hours tops, but it ended up taking six hours as I encountered a few problems on the way. Problems such as the piston refusing to wind back in on the nearside. Then the wheel being stuck on on the offside, shortly followed by the disc being rusted on on the offside. Fun and games, but got there in the end! Fresh, much needed Brembo discs and pads done.

I finally had chance to do my oil and filter change. It was tough as I didn't have the correct tool to undo the oil filter. It appeared that it had been put on by Popeye after he had ate at least ten tins of spinach. I only had a chain tool and a strap and ratchet. The chain just damaged the filter and dug in. The strap and ratchet would under no circumstances move it even one mil. After all the struggling it had got dark. So I was led under the car with my inspection lamp, reached for a big screwdriver and a lump hammer and thought that's it, its last resort time. I whacked the screwdriver in and let the oil seep out into a thick plastic bag I shoved underneath to stop it going everywhere. Once the oil had drained I smashed the screwdriver all the way through and out the other side. With sheer brute force it turned, success! I made sure to put the new filter on only hand tight! I used Miller's 5w40 Nanodrive oil from Demon Tweeks and a standard size Hamp filter from Jap Service Parts. It has made such a difference so it was well worth it. That's me good for 5000 miles or so :)

I also ordered a K&N recharge kit from Demon Tweeks to give the filter a good clean and oil as I have no idea how many miles it has been on for. I just need a nice sunny day now so I can let it dry naturally before I oil it.

IMG_20190325_1848290442_zpshb1j625e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back