• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 BazEP3's 30th Anniversary Edition EP3

Not going to lie it was a nightmare, I shall definitely be getting a proper tool that clamps over the end of the filter and ratchets off for the next time. On another note what a place to put the thing! I don't love the car any less for it though. Still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I gave it a once over with the waterless wash and wax after work, it's a life saver this time of year.

I don't find it a problem as you can reach it from the engine bay. The tool is great with a small ratchet, tegiwa do them for £7

Ah spot on, thanks Flashy, I shall get one of those ordered. It was a bit of a learning curve as I'm a bit of a have a go hero, and tight when it comes to spending, so I try and do everything I can myself. Next time round should certainly be easier now that I have my head around it.

For anyone interested here is its R number

IMG_20190320_191133287_zpsxrryfncl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My door handle trims were looking very tired and the silver paint was flaking away. It was something I noticed each time I got in the car. I popped them out yesterday evening to give them a makeover. I sanded them back with 400 grit wet and dry. Next I gave them each 4 coats of primer, 2 coats of paint and three coats of lacquer. I left 15-20 mins between spraying each coat, then left them to dry for 24 hours. I used red as that was the colour spray I had lol also it matched the interior so I thought why not. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out, it's not perfect but for a first attempt I thought I did alright.

IMG_20190410_180132465_zpsibxmdwde.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I took the car for its first long drive last weekend to my mother in law's near Manchester. It's about a 300 mile round trip. I was so happy with how it had been performing. I finally got past the endless fifty zones and speed traps on the motorway going home, so at last got the chance to get my foot down and get past the bank holiday traffic. I heard a metallic clunk noise and the car started to sound, well, incredible, like a race car. That's when I realised something had let go on the exhaust. As it turned out it had split just before it joins the back box. It was too far gone to weld. Got it booked into a garage along the road from my work called Thrupp Tyres. They did a great job and put a new centre pipe on for me and it drives lovely now. They did mention they had to put some putty on the backbox so I might have to look at a shiny new one of those at some point.

I've been a bit quiet on here lately as I have moved house and been on holiday for two weeks in May. On the Bank holiday Monday just gone I had the chance to give my K&N filter a much needed clean and oil with the recharger kit I bought a while ago. It was on the car when I bought it and I have no record of when it was last done, so that's another job off the list.

I gave the pollen filters a much needed change, I was shocked at how grim the old ones were! Plus one was in backwards
IMG_20190620_203510825_zpsj9gzrfpp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone changing theirs it's dead easy, just match the airflow shown on the filter to the airflow shown on the holder
IMG_20190620_204405888_BURST001_zpso0om401g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So, whilst trying to take my gear knob off (which was locked on stupid tight) I managed to scratch it real bad! This meant I had to get the deep scratch's out. I mounted it on my drill on a length of 8mm threaded bar my neighbour gave me to try and sand it all out. I started with 40 grade to get the worst of the scratch's out. Here's a photo of it after about twenty minutes of 40 grade
IMG_20190707_201929582_zpscdisjaoq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I then moved on to 80 grade, before following it up with the wet and dry. I worked through from 120 grade, to 400 grade, to 800 grade and finished on 1200 grade. After this I polished it with Autosol metal polish. Here's how it turned out, I'm really happy with the results
IMG_20190707_204617330_BURST000_COVER_zpsybefkn8q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back