• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe

Basically the same , has some variations, I got fk8 , but that inlet pipe is flat pipe, fk2 has better heat dissipation that’s why I would like to do some testing with.

what heat are you trying to dissipate at that point? surely it's more likely pick up heat from the turbo/cat sat underneath?

what heat are you trying to dissipate at that point? surely it's more likely pick up heat from the turbo/cat sat underneath?

Actually , I have that pipe heat insulated, with a heat wrap , I got good results, but I would like to do more tests , The heat originally coming from underneath where the turbo charger and downpipe is located. I got turbo blanket and downpipe blanket on it, whit both on improve a lot, but still soaking heat from the radiator fan pulling hot air on the engine compartment and air hoses, this cause pull the ignition timing and less boost , consequent loos of power. Course this happens when you are bump to bumper traffic .

I live in a city is extremely hot weather during the whole year, we are talking about 80 to 90 degree normally.

not done anything like that, but i'd be doing what you've done - reflective heat wrap & turbo blanket.
not that familiar with the fk8, but CAI to draw cold air in, intercooler (albeit not much good without air flow) and vented bonnet i'd say would all help more than doing more with that intake pipe.

Back