• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Double Dins - Still getting stolen i.e. do I need to get removable fascia?

Hi, just wondered, looking to upgrade to double din but there doesn't seem to be many out there with removable fascias anymore.

What do you guys think - is it recommended or do I no longer need to worry much about it.

Key things i'm looking for:
Apple Carplay
USB (ideally dual, but seems rare)

Also any particular recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a removable fascia double din in my first ep3, wish I had gone for a non removable one.

In a convertible where you may be parking with roof off is the only situation I would get one again

Is that a question, are they being stolen? If so, IME the answer is generally no, scummy sh*tholes excepted. Double DIN units are invariably bolted into the dash and a pig to remove in any sort of hurry.

The price is headunits has dived from memory. Had a single din in the s2000, always had the roof down, never got nicked. I never locked that car either.

I never locked that car either.

Yeah I never saw the point in locking a convertible, if they want to be in, it will cost you more repairing a slit roof

the thing with the removable face double dins, you end up with less screen area etc, or you do like me and drop the facsia.

Best off fixed in all round

c60271a9cb25e62629d567969e785425.jpg

This is the level of dash removal required to remove one from an EP3. I don’t think many stereos are worth that much effort to steal.

Back