• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Help

Hi guys I’m looking to buy my first civic type r gt (07 plate fn2). The car has done 90’000 and was wondering if anyone can give me some help on what I need to look for. Are the Honda petrol engines good for many more if they have been looked after as I’ve only ever had diesel cars with that high a mileage on them.
Thanks dave

Mileage about right for age - rather depends on how many you expect to do a year.
If it's been cared for then should be good for a few 10,000s yet.
Make sure the 75k service is documented since that can be expensive

Just look at autotrader and see how many are still running well over 100k both EP3 & FN2 models.

Thanks guys. It’s only gonna be used as a 2nd car And probably only do 3k miles a year so won’t be putting a lot on it, I’ve seen lots for sale with about the same millage and about 12 with over 100,000 with one reaching 150,000.

I have had my FN2 for the last 2 years and it has been daily driven. It had 85K on it when I bought it and has 118K now and runs great.

The history of mine was great so would check that.

Agree with Chris, buy on condition, history & MOT (once you have read the buyers guide from Flashy - that's what I did first)

Back