• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Engine oil leak from rocker cover area

So since owning the car (1month) I’ve noticed the car keeps leaking oil from the bolt on the rocker cover. Thought it might be from the last chap being messy from topping up.

I’ve cleaned the engine bay last week and noticed the same thing. Talked to a friend that has a FN2 and he said its not like that on his.

Tried tightening the bolt too, Being careful not to over do it.

What could be the cause?

e8930210b5963ec8cd0668e598a95bf3.jpg

Pool of oil in between intake mani
b50d6cc2dd6477b9179f4990fe72484e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can happen from a split rubber grommet or if the rocker isn't retorqued properly meaning it doesn't sit flush (usually pinches or leaves a gap around the washer).
Might be best ordering a full set, loosen them all then replace the rubber grommet inside each and retorque them all down properly. If it's split you may get away with just the one.

thanks for help guys. I've went and purchased a rocker cover gasket kit for £20 from japserviceparts. Hopefully that does the trick.

Tegiwa were asking £5 for a single washer..

Back