• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Knock/Clunk Driver Side - Engine Mount?

Hey guys my EP3 started getting a weird noise on the way home from a 600 km roadtrip. The next morning when I first started the car up, I heard a loud-ish bang which resonated throughout the whole cabin, and that was the first time it's ever happened. However it's been starting up normally throughout the day. So I suspect it only happens during cold morning starts (I will observe again tomorrow).

When driving, it gives a blunt metallic sounding knock/clank every time I step on or let go of the accelerator. This only happens sometimes during take off and it also when I let go of the accelerator cruising on 2nd gear. This only occurs during slow speeds when letting go of the accelerator. When under heavy load going fast, everything seems to feel normal. The noise comes from the driver side near the pedals.

What could be some possible causes and what could I do to diagnose the problem?

TIA

Back