• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Fk2 Drivers Seat Bolster upholstery wear

Hi, Has any member had or having wear on the bolsters of your driver's seat? My fk2 is a 2015 one of the first off the production line and came with some wear (but not serious) on the alcantara covering the driver's seat right bolsters, the one on the seat base and the one on the backrest.
From what I can see,the wear was from the previous (1) owner and maybe very slight by myself more from getting out than in.I soon developed a technique of getting out which minimises contact with the seat bolsters,keeping wear to an absolute minimum.
Seat Base Right Bolster.What seems to happen is occasionally when you get out of the car your backside will rest on top of the bolster (when you get it wrong)
and pressure is applied to its top which over time causes a crease in the alcantara on the inside of the bolster which then becomes slightly proud and this gets rubbed as you get in and out causing wear.
Vertical right seat Bolster at the bottom to about halfway up. Also is prone to creases and once again gets slightly raised and wears with occasional rubbing when getting out, the more vertical the backrest is the more it can get rubbed.At the end of the day though the backrest needs to be at an angle to suit your driving position.
Has any member had to take their fk2 to a car upholsterer to get the alcantara on the seat bolsters replaced?I've read of people taking theirs to an upholsterer who had their fk2 for 3 to 4 days! I'm not totally happy with that length of time.Also a concern would be taking the seat out and the electrics underneath it ,as I've read a few horror stories where the upholsterer unplugged the electrics under the seat and when reinstalled the seat plugged them back in again incorrectly and things didn't work.Also unbolting the seat and when reinstalling it tighten the bolts to the correct torque setting,that's assuming there is one, knowing Honda there will be one.
I've also seen advertised a fk2 full seat base,it must come off somehow, the one I saw was used but I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy a used one as it said slight wear.So you may be able to buy a brand new one from Honda, anyone know the part No and approx cost?
Any help would be appreciated Regards Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's shiny then that is usually dirt, squirt some watered down fabric conditioner and gently agitate it in, wipe off each time with a wet to damp microfibre cloth.

Regarding upholstery replacement, I've seen one on Instagram have their rears done to match and I think that was a well known company in stoke or Leeds,
I have contacted Cox Honda in the past regarding the special edition seats and there isn't an actual part number for those seats so they had no idea where to source them from, they said fk2 seats so I'm not sure whether this included the standard seats

Back