• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Had FK8 just over 6 months, a few little niggles .....

Just thought I'd point these out to see if anyone else had had similar issues. We use the car most days but it's kept clean and in good condition. done just under 6k miles.

1 - Front door handle grips. Poor choice of material. They are going worn and discoloured already and look manky.
2 - Centre wheel cap red H logos starting to corrode.
3 - Driver seat has a crease in it at the front (left side). Been there since day one.
4 - Silver paint where the brake discs meet the wheels has worn and gone rusty (looks horrible).
5 - Clear indicator panels in front wheel arches have dirt inside them at the edge.
6 - Speedo pretty inaccurate. GPS on both phone and Sat-Nav show that the car speedo is 5 or 6 miles slower than it should be at 70

Apart from those it's a great car. Any comments welcome!

Either put it in a protective atmosphere bubble, inside a heated garage.

Or... accept it's going to deteriorate just like any other car and focus on enjoying it.

Just thought I'd point these out to see if anyone else had had similar issues. We use the car most days but it's kept clean and in good condition. done just under 6k miles.

1 - Front door handle grips. Poor choice of material. They are going worn and discoloured already and look manky.
3 - Driver seat has a crease in it at the front (left side). Been there since day one.
4 - Silver paint where the brake discs meet the wheels has worn and gone rusty (looks horrible).
5 - Clear indicator panels in front wheel arches have dirt inside them at the edge.
6 - Speedo pretty inaccurate. GPS on both phone and Sat-Nav show that the car speedo is 5 or 6 miles slower than it should be at 70

My Car is a June 2018 delivery (also with 6k miles now) and has many of these same issues. although I don't have the Rusty H centers in the wheels though.

I try and avoid gripping too hard the suede area of door pull, instead trying to use fingers inside where it's just plastic for much the same mankiness reasons. I did treat the whole car interior to some G-techniq fabric guard to help excessive wear and muckiness.

the seats also you can see more wear on the drivers side - I worry what it will look like in 3 or 4 years time. I've also got a protective sunblind as my car sits outside facing the sun for much of the day.

Had my car since Dec 2017 and it's my only car (14k miles now). I agree with points 5 and 6.Maybe a little bit of 4.

What colour is yours? I don't understand the problem with the handles, but I do park the car in the shade at work and in my garage at home, so my paint receives less sun than normal

And regarding point 6, my last 3 cars have been more or less the same, 5-7 MPH less than GPS @ 70 MPH. Manufacturers do it do prevent legal issues (better slower than faster!)

Sep 17 car and 15K miles:

1 - Yep, I had a moan about these earlier, and thought they were going Lewis Hamilton pre-hair op, but a good interior cleaner plus a nail brush sorts them out a treat - I had the interior dealer protected as well - means nowt I grant you
2 - Yep, not that bothered though, can be replaced although appreciate not the point
3 - Another moan I had earlier, mine actually started to discolor due to my primark jeans rubbing and they were going a little Fabien Barthez, but I bought some Dream covers and it's out of sight out of mind
4 - Yep, I had that from day 1 - told myself would do a wheels off job at some stage and paint, but have not got around to it
5 - Dirt and condensation, check!
6 - Why I keep getting flashed in the 50 mph limit roadworks on the M1 no doubt

I am OCD with the car, clean it & semi detail every other week, but am fine with most of these issues now. Kerbing 3 out of 4 wheels, reversing into a low wall and getting that fixed seems to have released the pressure somehow...

Last edited by a moderator:
9000 Miles on mine. Bought used before Xmas with about 6000 odd on it and I use it daily 15 miles to work and back.

Annoyingly my rear quarter seals are starting to lift at the front edges on both sides.
Slight wind noise from the drivers door.
The seat fabric is creased but expect that being daily driven

Does anyone know if you can show the GPS on the Nav? My portable garmin used to display it in the corner

14 months 5.5k mileage

1 - Front door handle grips. Poor choice of material. They are going worn and discoloured already and look manky. Agreed
2 - Centre wheel cap red H logos starting to corrode. Not a problem on mine
3 - Driver seat has a crease in it at the front (left side). Been there since day one. Does happen and inevitable.
4 - Silver paint where the brake discs meet the wheels has worn and gone rusty (looks horrible). Yup, painted mine, looks much better.
5 - Clear indicator panels in front wheel arches have dirt inside them at the edge. Yup mine too
6 - Speedo pretty inaccurate. GPS on both phone and Sat-Nav show that the car speedo is 5 or 6 miles slower than it should be at 70 Normal on every car

7 - Wheels corroded and heavily chipped

Yeah... Sure you do!
You could sell me the M2 and be back in the good looking and reliable FK8 by the end of the week!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for a test drive last Saturday in a 68 plate and noticed the o/s/r lamp cluster had severe condensation in it.

I had a bit of condensation in mine the other day, I just put it down to changing a bulb.
To a certain degree they will condensate, obviously depends how serious it is whether you’ll get a replacement under warranty

what did you think of it?

I loved it! Admittedly I spent most of it in slow moving traffic and a brief burst on the motorway but I was amazed how refined and fast it was and it's something I am going for this year, I guess I am just waiting for the facelift model to compare but otherwise I am hooked on one. My current car is a Subaru BRZ which although is underpowered, it handles stupidly well but it's tiresome to drive, loud cabin noise, very small boot and not to mention road tax (£250) and Subaru servicing costs. I'll be sad to see it go as it's a beautiful looking car :(

Rare as fook those BRZs, but I did see one the other day with gold wheels in and it is a good looking motor. I really don't get why they didn't give it say 225bhp from factory, would have been ideal. Still, hasn't stopped them selling sh1t loads...(GT86 that is..!)

Hmm facelift...Geneva next week, I wonder...

I loved it! Admittedly I spent most of it in slow moving traffic and a brief burst on the motorway but I was amazed how refined and fast it was and it's something I am going for this year, I guess I am just waiting for the facelift model to compare but otherwise I am hooked on one. My current car is a Subaru BRZ which although is underpowered, it handles stupidly well but it's tiresome to drive, loud cabin noise, very small boot and not to mention road tax (£250) and Subaru servicing costs. I'll be sad to see it go as it's a beautiful looking car :(

funny, i've found myself vaugely tempted by an gt86. power probably more usable on the road. stubbornness made me stick with the fk2.

Rare as fook those BRZs, but I did see one the other day with gold wheels in and it is a good looking motor. I really don't get why they didn't give it say 225bhp from factory, would have been ideal. Still, hasn't stopped them selling sh1t loads...(GT86 that is..!)

Hmm facelift...Geneva next week, I wonder...
wasnt there a ratio of gt86 to brz sales? not sure i've ever seen the brz on the road and even more strangely, i dont think i've seen one ('86 or brz) at the few trackdays i did last year either.

Back