• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 TA (Traffic Announcements)

Anyone else had the TA reminder text coming up while playing music. That's no problem but then there was sound/source change (so no useful info) from the TA in-progress - music just kept playing from USB.

The only option is to cancel the TA just to get rid of pointless text message on the screen.

Happened loads on a recent journey. Upon reflection I remember selecting TA on a while ago when playing with the FM options but that was the first time it 'tried' (unsuccessfully) to tell which roads are blocked!

Sorry to bump this but has anyone actually heard a TA over music source USB? I'd like to get that working and I have noticed the info display does actually show I have TA engaged continuously yet never heard anything (or seen the interrupt window again since that one journey as above)?

Seems they are coming through now and audible. I have no idea what I did to get them to work however!

Seems they are coming through now and audible. I have no idea what I did to get them to work however!

Update: You need to be tuned to a BBC FM station - others like classic FM cannot / do not interrupt other radio broadcasts with TA so it seems the head unit won't interrupt any other sound source either. Once tuned to national (I think) BBC output (R1,2,3 or 4) other BBC local / regional stations, when they go to traffic, can link to the background radio reception that's running and hence TA 'works'! (well it works for me if I leave it that way anyway).

Back