• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 help

Bit of help needed.
Picked up my fn2 a couple weeks ago and it can kangeroo/jerk when cold, usually 2nd gear after pulling off. Can do it in other gears at different revs but not often. Did it today the worst if felt. Was in 3rd around 2.5k revs, juddered 3 or 4 times quite badly, then nothing. Also had some wierd clunking noises when i first pulled off, sounded like they were coming from the rear left wheel area. By 200yds or so it was gone? Any ideas? :-k checked oil before i left and it was perfect. Cheers.

Welcome to the fold, you have just discovered two of the FN2's little tricks.
The kangarooing is normal you just have to give it a little time to warm up and you will get used to how much throttle to give on a cold start.
The noise from the rear is normal, usually the suspension settling down or the hand brakes cables moving while it levels out on the road.

Cheers for the replies both. It idles fine and starts every time. The kangerooing sort of comes out of nowhere.

I heard the clunking again this morning, literally never heard it before yesterday which seems a little odd lol.

When was it last serviced? Have you checked the air filter is fresh? Also worth checking none of the intake hoses are split.

They put a fresh service on it before i picked it up. Will check the filter and hoses when it stops raining lol.

The clunking seems to be there after every cold start now, never heard it before yesterday.

Might be worth checking your exhaust tailpipes are centred in the exhaust triangles. I had one that had moved on my Fn2 and caused some clunking. I recentred it, problem gone. Either that or it could be your pads sticking when the handbrake is released. Or springs/shocks.

Could be the rear shocks as it's common for them to squeak after the car has stood overnight. There is a Honda bulletin and fix for this that is posted on here, I know I've read it in the buyers guide sticky.

The fn2 does kangaroo when cold but shouldn't do it after the engine is up to temperature, if it is doing after the engine is warm then I suspect you have an injector or coil pack on the way out but the car should throw a code up.

Back