• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Knocking noise front passenger side!!

Right so more knocking noises from my EP3 :rolleyes:

It did have lowering springs and standard shocks which I just replaced with coilovers from a friends car. The coilovers are 2nd hand, however in my frinds car there was no noise from them. Now on the front passenger side I get this knokcing noise when driving, not necessarily over a completely bumpy road but it always seems to be there. Steering or turning doesnt seem to matter.
If I open the bonnet and push down on the slam panel towards the passenger side, i can re-create the noise.

I have checked 3 times and all bolts are really tight (3 on tower, centre nut on top mount, 2 on the shock to hub part and also the steering tie rod with the split pin)
The locking part of the coilover is also tight and there is no leaks from the shock. I have checked the ball joints and any bushings look fine with no excessive signs of wear, ARB is polybushed. Car has also been aligned and still no better.

Has anybody came across this issue or point me in the right direction?

Back