• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Vitka's left hand drive NHB EP3

But then, I will not be able to tell how much the Injen brought, because it will be the exhaust, the mapping, and the intake added up. On the "modified weekly" YouTube channel, the guy has an Injen CAI, RBC intake manifold, and some Skunk2 exhaust on, I think it's decat , and it made 208 hp unmapped on the dyno. My personal opinion is, that instead of banging on my chest over a 2 hp gain from the Injen at peak revs, I enjoy the improved throttle response and sound more. After mapping it will probably make anything around 210. It goes for souped up NA engines in general, K20 included, that I would need to spend a stupid amount of money to see big gains.

Last edited:
Thing is I have just an induction kit (teg m) and 2.5" catback, remapping will change it quite a bit as it adds around 20% peak in the mid range. Will definitely notice that.

I used small hack saw, then tidied with a Stanley knife. The bits you need to cut can be separated first so you can start from an edge in both cases. Remember to cut small first.

Just fitted the intake but the car won’t select 1st 3rd or 5th gear! Really unhappy. I’ve just made a thread. Any ideas guys?

This is how she looks at the moment, been in one place for 2 weeks. My alternator failed, and to get it out, I needed to get the bumper off, and the right side headlight out. The alternator itself is in a very tricky spot, I really had to work some angles to get it out. It will be done tomorrow, I can't wait to get back on the road, because momenterally, none of my vehicles are operational :freak:
IMG_20190526_170951.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After 2 weeks, I finally managed to get my alternator refurbished, so after work today I, went out and put everything back togeather.

My crispy new alternator, sooo shiny.

This is where it needed to go back in, serpentine belt on the loose.

It's back in! After taking it apart, everything went much faster putting it togeather.

The weather wasn't kind though. As soon as I started working, it started raining. Having no garage meant, that I had to do all this outside. Also, some advice for you self-proclaimed mechanics. 3 things, that you need to have, are a magnetic bolt tray, a telescopic magnet, and a magnetic light.

I also put on a new front badge, that I got as a present from my girlfriend :) The old one was in rubbish condition.

All done! You know, while doing all this, getting wet outside, I saw lots of new cars pass by. I had a smile from ear to ear, and all I could think of is how much I love this car.

On the test drive, the battery light was on, which kept me worried.

I hooked it up to a multimeter, and it showed a very nice 14,2 volts, it was even 14,4, when cold, so it seems to be ok. Now the question is, why is the battery light on? Will it go away by itself, or does it linger, like the check engine light?

I'm back with another update. Since my rocker cover was in terrible condition, I decided to repaint it with red VHT wrinkle paint. I never spray painted anything before, so it was surprising to see, that it is not a solid layer of paint, it is rather a rubber coat.

The valves look absolutely awesome, I probably should have set the valve clearances, but I don't have tool for it and I don't know how to do it.

I covered the top, so nothing can get into the engine. It stood like this for 2 days, the VHT paint has a 48 hour drying time.

I used a paint remover liquid, had to make 4 rounds of it, because some areas just wouldn't get washed off. I thought, that after 4 rounds of paint removal, if anything stuck around, they will stay on no matter what.

Masking every hole took about 90 minutes. It was very difficult to cut the masking tape to the desired shape, I used a pair of small curved scissors, nail cutters :)

Seeing the freshly painted cover I was happy enough, although it got dark, when I finally got to painting the cover. Preparations took about 5-6 hours, as I had other things to do as well, and wanted to be as thorough as possible, as I was given the advice, that I should not rush the prep.

This is the end result after about 46 hours of drying. I must say, I failed miserably. Since I never painted anything, I used too much paint, and ended up with strange lines on the cover. I will have to redo it sometime, because I am not happy with the results.

Put everything back togeather, this way it looks much better, because most of the rocker cover is covered up by all the parts around. The colour is awesome, it's not so bad this way, but of course a closer look will reveal the less than sufficient job I've done.

Much better mate. The valve clearance is fairly easy to do, don't need special tools. 10mm ring spanner, flathead and some feelers (best to get offset ones for the angle)

Thanks for the advice, but I'm really not qualified to do the clearances, and I don't have the tool for it. I will probably ask one of my mates to do it sometime.

Fair enough :) the hardest bit is getting the valve cover back on :D Done mine twice now, wouldn't dream of paying anyone to do it now. If you have a mate who can do it then good move.

JDM anti roll bar and Hardrace droplinks installed. On the way home I swung her around a few corners (I wish there were more), but I can already feel a difference. The rear of the car really does not roll that much (what a surprise eh?), and it feels more pointy, less understeer, if any. I am really looking forward to the trackday in august now! At the suspension shop my buddy found, that the front bushing of the front wishbone is shot on the right side, so I ordered a pair, genuine Honda.

A bigger package from tegiwaimports arrived earlier this week, and now most of it is on the car.

Engine bay before:

Engine bay after. I still have some bolts and washers left, but also many original bolts I can get out. It seems it's possible to swap every M6 bolt in the engine bay for these, even those holding ground/body wires, whatever the correct term is. I am not one for crazy cosmetics, but this engine bay bolt kit gives a neat, tidy look to the whole thing, it's a pleasure to open the bonnet every time. In addition, I have not had the pleasure of trying out the strut brace, because it was raining a second day in a row, but am really curious. I will probably put a tegiwa sticker on it soon, because I don't like the plain chrome look.

I installed a Tegiwa brake stopper today. I was never really happy with the pedal feel, so this, and braided lines were put on the list of things to do, this came first. People, who recommended it were absolutely right, it is a pleasant surprise. Brake pedal feel is much better. Tiny mod, but oh so welcome. I just had some trouble installing it, because despite being titled LHD in the webshop, I had to put spacers under it, to be able to fit it with minimal flex to the fluid reservoirs' bracket.

The car is sitting on a set of wheels I borrowed from a friend. They look pretty good on the car to be honest, but they are too big unfortunately, 8J ET 40 with 225/40 tyres. The back wheels are just fine, but the fronts overhang the fenders, which is illegal and triggers police quite hard. I wanted to buy them as winter wheels, but I will have to skip.

Also, got the tyres off of the OEM alloys. One of them is missing from the picture, because it turned out it was bent, so I had to leave it at the shop to be rolled. (or whatever the correct term is to repair a wheel) And as I was writing this, the shop called me and it turns out, that the wheel is not just bent, but it has a crack too. The shop will have it welded at another company, so this adds 2 days to the whole process.

I picked my alloys up yesterday, after they've been sandblasted. They look much better already, so much better in fact, that I played with the thought of having them clear coated and putting them on like this :D That would certainly be unique. I took them to the painting company this morning, and told them to give it a matte white finish. Can't wait to see the results!

Sorry, this is where my english fails me. Clear coated in satin? Is satin a level of glossiness? So like matte -> satin -> gloss? I think we refer to this as silk in hungarian.

Back