Home
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vitka's left hand drive NHB EP3

Much better mate. The valve clearance is fairly easy to do, don't need special tools. 10mm ring spanner, flathead and some feelers (best to get offset ones for the angle)
    R#3- Cosmic Grey 06 plate Prem EP3
    R#2- Nighthawk Black FN2 GT, R#1- Satin Silver Prem EP3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flashy For This Useful Post:

Vitka (30-06-2019)

Thanks for the advice, but I'm really not qualified to do the clearances, and I don't have the tool for it. I will probably ask one of my mates to do it sometime.
    Last edited by Vitka; 30-06-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Fair enough the hardest bit is getting the valve cover back on Done mine twice now, wouldn't dream of paying anyone to do it now. If you have a mate who can do it then good move.
    R#3- Cosmic Grey 06 plate Prem EP3
    R#2- Nighthawk Black FN2 GT, R#1- Satin Silver Prem EP3

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flashy For This Useful Post:

Vitka (30-06-2019)

JDM anti roll bar and Hardrace droplinks installed. On the way home I swung her around a few corners (I wish there were more), but I can already feel a difference. The rear of the car really does not roll that much (what a surprise eh?), and it feels more pointy, less understeer, if any. I am really looking forward to the trackday in august now! At the suspension shop my buddy found, that the front bushing of the front wishbone is shot on the right side, so I ordered a pair, genuine Honda.

A bigger package from tegiwaimports arrived earlier this week, and now most of it is on the car.

Engine bay before:

Engine bay after. I still have some bolts and washers left, but also many original bolts I can get out. It seems it's possible to swap every M6 bolt in the engine bay for these, even those holding ground/body wires, whatever the correct term is. I am not one for crazy cosmetics, but this engine bay bolt kit gives a neat, tidy look to the whole thing, it's a pleasure to open the bonnet every time. In addition, I have not had the pleasure of trying out the strut brace, because it was raining a second day in a row, but am really curious. I will probably put a tegiwa sticker on it soon, because I don't like the plain chrome look.

I installed a Tegiwa brake stopper today. I was never really happy with the pedal feel, so this, and braided lines were put on the list of things to do, this came first. People, who recommended it were absolutely right, it is a pleasant surprise. Brake pedal feel is much better. Tiny mod, but oh so welcome. I just had some trouble installing it, because despite being titled LHD in the webshop, I had to put spacers under it, to be able to fit it with minimal flex to the fluid reservoirs' bracket.

The car is sitting on a set of wheels I borrowed from a friend. They look pretty good on the car to be honest, but they are too big unfortunately, 8J ET 40 with 225/40 tyres. The back wheels are just fine, but the fronts overhang the fenders, which is illegal and triggers police quite hard. I wanted to buy them as winter wheels, but I will have to skip.

Also, got the tyres off of the OEM alloys. One of them is missing from the picture, because it turned out it was bent, so I had to leave it at the shop to be rolled. (or whatever the correct term is to repair a wheel) And as I was writing this, the shop called me and it turns out, that the wheel is not just bent, but it has a crack too. The shop will have it welded at another company, so this adds 2 days to the whole process.

Last edited by Vitka; 07-08-2019 at 11:14 AM.

I picked my alloys up yesterday, after they've been sandblasted. They look much better already, so much better in fact, that I played with the thought of having them clear coated and putting them on like this That would certainly be unique. I took them to the painting company this morning, and told them to give it a matte white finish. Can't wait to see the results!

Clear coated in satin would have looked good.
    Wilmo
    FN2 CTR GT & 1.8 Si in Milano Red

Sorry, this is where my english fails me. Clear coated in satin? Is satin a level of glossiness? So like matte -> satin -> gloss? I think we refer to this as silk in hungarian.