• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Corroding wheel nuts

I'm just at the dealer getting the wheel nuts replaced under warranty as they were corroding quite badly after only 18 months and 6k miles. Is this happening to all of them?

If anyone's having trouble getting them done under warranty then you can say brayley Honda in Enfield is doing it.

Of course this new set will probably rust too...

I have noticed a couple of mine have started. The bigger thing I have is stone chip damage on the leading edge of the spokes on the wheels. The paint finish seems really thin on the factory alloys.

Yeah alloys are faded and pitted bad 18 months in. Wished I'd have ceramic coated them from the off

Trying to get the shine back with polish, glaze etc

I bought the black Honda nuts for the FK2 and they too have started to corrode after only a year. So to refurbish them is it enamel paint and then in the oven maybe?

I’ve had this problem on other cars in the past. As soon as you put a socket on then the coating is stressed and its only a matter of time before corrosion starts. I was going to buy the chrome plastic wheel nut covers, not as good as OEM but look better than a rusty wheel nut.

Back