• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

cheap alloys on trackday?

I've been toying with the idea of using my cheap (£650 RRP) 18" cast alloys that i use for winter, for trackday duty in the warmer months. yeah they're heavy but tyres are so much cheaper and more variety than on 19's. i figure i could go for 19" road tyres & 18" trackday tyres for roughly the same as the same trackday rubber in 19".
Searching online seems to be a general consensus of cheap wheels just not good enough but no one seems to actually qualify their answer with why, a minimum standard to go for or why cheap is no go.
I get the impression it's more down to brand willy waving than anything specifically wrong with cheap cast wheels.

thoughts?

As with anything on the track day, you want the best you can afford. Wheels go under a lot of stress on track. Get Team Dynamics if you want to downsize.

Not this old merry go round again. :|

rota.jpg

Back