• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Broken Purge Control Valve!

Evening guys,

So I’ve had my EP3 garaged for a while so got it through an MOT but it was idle jumping so I took to cleaning the IACV... all went well apart from I snapped the little plastic tube that comes off of the valve and attaches to a rubber hose! Honda want £128 for a new purge control valve but a guy from Tegiwa said they can actually be deleted?!
The cars runs fine but I do have the engine management light on!
So... can I delete this and clear the EML off of the dash or does it need replacing? Any help would be greatly received!

Cheers, Jonno

Delete it. You can buy the correct grub screw for pennies off ebay.
3/8" NPT bung from memory. About £2 in your choice of colour. I just jubilee clipped a bolt into the vac line to the manifold to blank it off. Idle air assist valve isn't needed in our climate anyway, never had any problems since.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

So unscrew the valve off of the top of throttle body, tape off sensor, use the 3/8” grub for the hole in top of throttle body and jubilee clip a small bolt into end of rubber hose/vac line?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah just blank it off. It's when there is a leak it throws an eml. When mine snapped I super glued it back together. Was never a problem after.

Back