• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 droplinks, preferred manufacturers?

I recall reading a while back how a number of people liked the Meyle HD, problem is I didn't see anywhere to buy them in the UK. I could get them via ebay from an overseas vendor, but shipping is stupidly high so I figured I'd ask if someone knew where to get them?

Failing that, any opinions on other manufacturers? I've used Lemforder before and they seemed reasonable. The OEM ones have that really annoying inner hex to tighten against which is awful. Any other suggestions?

Thanks both. So, ebay it is then. A tad annoying given Meyle have a UK distributor, but only sell wholesale. I'd have thought for a brand with as much positive feeling as they have they might be easier to buy.

i also got the same, but after mounting i don't find them to fit quite correctly, the joints seem to have a position at the limit. I got them due to good price, but now i think i would go for hardrace or oem event they are more expensive. Let's see how long Meyle will last, the oem had over 10 years of service.

i also got the same, but after mounting i don't find them to fit quite correctly, the joints seem to have a position at the limit. I got them due to good price, but now i think i would go for hardrace or oem event they are more expensive. Let's see how long Meyle will last, the oem had over 10 years of service.

I was never a fan of the manufacture of the OEM ones, those little plastic studs holding the whole thing together (hence my use of Lemforder stuff). Is it possible yours had been mounted incorrectly (left on right side, etc.)?

there is not left or right mount, they are the same on each side. front and back are different. I think the size is not calculated correctly, but let's see, maybe they are ok even in that position. The system with the plastic studs is used in other brands and seems to be very resilient.

Looking at them again the chirality is such that it should be impossible to mis-mount left-to-right anyway (unless someone got REALLY creative), failing that someone used front-on-rear and so had them at odd angles or something.

Blue print adl, borg and beck are also decent brands of pattern parts.

edit and moog are decent.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is not left or right mount, they are the same on each side. front and back are different. I think the size is not calculated correctly, but let's see, maybe they are ok even in that position. The system with the plastic studs is used in other brands and seems to be very resilient.

The Meyle HD one's i fitted are different on the O/S and N/S and both have different part numbers. There is no way you can fit either on the wrong side without them being incredibly stretched out of alignment.

I have used the plastic stud ones before and one of them popped out of the droplink housing. Not had a problem with the Meyle one's yet. OEM last ages but the price for what it is is ridiculous tbh.

Here you go. As you can see I got supplied with two rear rights and no rear left, but got it sorted :)

Attachments

• DSC_0799-2393x1350.JPG
    DSC_0799-2393x1350.JPG
    541 KB · Views: 15
The Meyle HD ones are ridiculously oversized compared to OEM/other. So "chunky" looking. Here's hoping their looks match their longevity. I already managed to "pop" the boot away from the shaft/bolt-section when tightening one down because the spanner I was using to hold it in place was slightly too thick. I just bought a bicycle cone spanner (maybe 2-3mm thick) so hopefully this will work better.

My Meyle droplinks all came in one box with no instructions on which is left/right. Front/rear is pretty obvious.

My Meyle droplinks all came in one box with no instructions on which is left/right. Front/rear is pretty obvious.

Left/right become obvious when you compare them to the ones you've removed or the fact that you couldn't sanely mount one to the wrong side.

Meyle are decent drop links and reasonable price,have mine over 3 years now with no problems
the longer drop links to at the front and smaller at the rear

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the hardrace heavy duty link arms on my ep3 and they are worth the money save doing them every 2 minutes lol

Back