• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Retiring my EP3 (195K) - Scrap yard?

I have had my (unmodded) 02 EP3 for 8 years now, best car I have ever owned. But it has now reached 195,000 miles and I think it is time to retire it.

So my question to you wise people: Is there anything better I can do with it than take it to a scrap yard?

its condition is mediocre to poor:
  • Couple of scratches, small dents, cracked light
  • delaminating and curbed alloys
  • slipping gearbox (could just need a fluid change)
  • holey, rusty exhaust which makes it noisy
  • driver side window doesnt sit quite right
  • slow puncture
  • haven't driven it in 6 months, but was fine to drive last time

IMG_20160618_182012.jpg

Don't scrap it you will only get scarp value for it. Either break it for parts your self or sell it to a breaker who will strip it. You will get more money from breaking it your self or from a breaker than a scrap yard.
If you can be bothered and just want to scrap it, at least keep the battery and remove the cat as you can get money for that separate from the car being scrapped, if you don't remove it you wont get any more for scrapping the car with it on.
Or someone might just buy it for a track car like adymi16 suggested.

It would be a shame to scrap it. I was going to scrap my last car. I ended up listing it on eBay for three days on a no reserve auction, with an honest description. I made a lot more than I would have for scrap.

Thanks for all the help, in the end I got offers from forum members and my EP3 will now live on in 2 track cars!

Back