• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

pads and disc set front and rear - ep3

For a road car I'd buy the cheapest discs I can find on eBay.

Then some good branded pads like Brembo.

Personally, I will go for RPB brake discs, and Ferodo DS2500 pads, you can find these on the tegiwaimports website or ebay shop. I added them up quickly, 511 GBP total, free delivery. Currently I have drilled-grooved discs on the front, stock ones on the back, Brembo pads all around. I took my EP3 to mountain twisties twice in the past weeks, and my brakes started to fade after 6-7 kilometers, uphill. Regular pads are just not up to the task, so DS2500s it is. Plus, according to what the tegiwa website says, RPB discs have been used on Civic cup cars, consdering it is true of course.

With this setup, and DOT5.1 fluid, I should be ok for faster road driving, and modest track days as well. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I run OEM pads on my track car without issue. Also, DS2500 are garbage. :lol:

Yes, I run OEM pads on my track car without issue. Also, DS2500 are garbage. :lol:

I understand, thanks for the input. Meanwhile, an experienced friend told me to definately get the same pads and discs for all corners. What's more, so far I read only good reviews about DS2500s. Trying to get info an anything nowadays... :confused:

In your experience, why are DS2500s rubbish?

I understand, thanks for the input. Meanwhile, an experienced friend told me to definately get the same pads and discs for all corners. What's more, so far I read only good reviews about DS2500s. Trying to get info an anything nowadays... :confused:

In your experience, why are DS2500s rubbish?
Expensive, chuck out mountains of dust and don't perform as well as others in my experience

Expensive, chuck out mountains of dust and don't perform as well as others in my experience

Funny, they are advertised as "less dust than other brands". What do you recommend for faster road use, and 1-2 track days per year?

Try PBS , I have them on the front of my ep3, very good performance when hot or cold , only downside is they do create a lot of dust.

Yeah PBS are a good shout.

DS2500 will overheat and start breaking down, leaving deposits on your discs.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. Any experience with EBC yellowstuff?

ps. this isn't even my thread :lol:

Another to avoid from everything I've red. Use PBS, or if you're doing more track days look into Pagid RS29.

so far I read only good reviews about DS2500s. Trying to get info an anything nowadays... :confused:

That's because I've only ever known a couple of people dislike them

I've ran them on many cars, as have my buddies. Never had an issue in 50+ sets, other than one set cracking on a Clio

Awesome pads. I wouldn't fit anything else

That's because I've only ever known a couple of people dislike them

I've ran them on many cars, as have my buddies. Never had an issue in 50+ sets, other than one set cracking on a Clio

Awesome pads. I wouldn't fit anything else

This is exactly what I was talking about. Every part, no matter what it is, has people who love them, and also naysayers. It's a pain to decide what to get without personal experience. Anyways, I think I will go with EBC yellowstuff pads, front and rear. They came out on top in quite a few shootouts, and knowing what I will use them for (fast road and 1-2 track days a year), they will suit my personal needs just fine.

On my EP3 I used to swear by DS2500’s for road use and a couple pansied ‘ring laps. Vs OEM they’re much better. I couldn’t say about real track use though, it was on a daily driver which never tracked. I’m currently on EBC greenstuff (vtec mini with MGF brakes), second time using them and again no track use but so far I can’t fault them. Better than OEM, that’s for sure

+1 for pointless rear brake uprgrades though, OEM is as good as.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back