• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Connects 2 Double Din connections

Hi all, after putting it off for ages I'm going to attempt to install a double din. Purchased the Connects2 kit (inc patch cable etc). I have the links to the vids etc that show how to take the various trims off and stuff but wondered if there was any links that showed the "connections" part of the process?

Fitting a Sony Double din if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

I'm getting there, just have a couple of questions for you experts out there!
- On the antenna lead from connects2 there is a blue wire sticking out which I believe is for power. Do i have to connect this up? If so, I can see a wire labelled antenna power in the SONY harness that is connected to the connects2 harness. Do I snip it out of the SONY harness and connect it to the blue antenna wire?

Also, where are you guys grounding HU's too? Anywhere recommended?

A solo blue wire is normally a trigger wire for an amp. I could be wrong though, check the manual?

Look for any substantial piece of metal behind the dash, then look for existing earth points you can attach via a ring terminal

The blue is, as stated, to use as a remote live feed to turn on/off an amp, or to power an electric aerial.

Thanks all. For anyone interested or with the same queries as me above, I didn't do any snipping of wires and I didn't connect the speed pulse and reverse - everything works as expected. Now just need to figure out a way to hold the iphone with an active connection!?!

Having done an installation of a double din in my FN2 using the connects2 stuff I expected to understand at least a bit of this thread and to maybe be able to field a question or two. Alas no, I don't have a clue. I just went with trial and error with mine.
The only thing that doesn't work on mine are the steering wheel controls, which I've been living without but would prefer to have of course. Hope your installation has all clicked into place.

Having done an installation of a double din in my FN2 using the connects2 stuff I expected to understand at least a bit of this thread and to maybe be able to field a question or two. Alas no, I don't have a clue. I just went with trial and error with mine.
The only thing that doesn't work on mine are the steering wheel controls, which I've been living without but would prefer to have of course. Hope your installation has all clicked into place.

Thanks - yes everything works perfectly including the steering wheel controls. Did you have a patch lead correctly set up for your new headunit? I’ve asked so many questions recently think it’s about time I tried to offer some advice haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I got a patch lead which supposedly suits my Kenwood 2-Din but nothing. I've tried faffing with the head unit and the steering wheel controls, I believe the unit would need calibrated in order for +/- Volume buttons to perform the function but all that the buttons do for me is change the date / time on the dash display.

Did you snip the wires on the patch lead to make it work for your kenwood??

Yeah I got a patch lead which supposedly suits my Kenwood 2-Din but nothing. I've tried faffing with the head unit and the steering wheel controls, I believe the unit would need calibrated in order for +/- Volume buttons to perform the function but all that the buttons do for me is change the date / time on the dash display.

You needed to snip 2 wires and use ‘key1’ wire to connect to your HU (you probs did that anyways!!), no idea otherwise mate. I have the diagram if you need it.

Not entirely sure. I definitely have not snipped anything though...

If you got the connects2 patch lead then you need to follow these instructions. Check on YouTube for “connects2 CTMULTILEAD”. But yeah as I read it you should snip 2 wires at the loop and then use the wire labelled ‘key1’ to connect to your HU
c4ac3c5e6b93b53dc94273344e77d2e3.jpg

Ok, so I have that exact patch lead.
Thanks for your efforts and replies.
It looks exactly as pictured in your diagram labelled Kenwood, thanks for uploading. But I need to chop the purple wire, and connect what to my HU using Key 1? I don't understand from the instructions how I would have arrived at the snipping wires stage. Surely if all Kenwood's require a snip in the same place the Kenwood patch lead should be shipped ready-snipped.
Maybe I'm just thick. Everything else has just been plug and play.

And if the purple wire gets a snip where do the free ends go? Hang loose? Surely they can just be pulled if they're doing nothing.
My knowledge of electrics is just as limited as I am coming across if not even more so.

Check the video on YouTube mate, it explains it all. That patch lead is a ‘generic’ lead meaning they supply it as part of a Honda Civic kit for ALL types of new headunit. Then we have to snip depending on what Headunit (HU) we have. Means they can send that one to everyone rather than having like 5 different ones. So for kenwood you need to snip J1 and J2 (but please don’t take my word for it, read the instructions and see what you think)

And if the purple wire gets a snip where do the free ends go? Hang loose? Surely they can just be pulled if they're doing nothing.
My knowledge of electrics is just as limited as I am coming across if not even more so.

NO don’t snip the purple one!!! Read the instructions - to me it looks like that’s the one to keep out of the 3

I'll try the YouTube video and look in behind my HU again once I have time to pull it and start messing about. Thanks for your help. It's given me the impetus to look into this again, knowing yours works faultlessly and mine should also.

I'll try the YouTube video and look in behind my HU again once I have time to pull it and start messing about. Thanks for your help. It's given me the impetus to look into this again, knowing yours works faultlessly and mine should also.

No probs at all matey - yes def worth you checking you have that patch lead done right. Also make sure you connect everything starting at the headunit 1st - again there’s a connects2 video that shows why that’s important and a common reason things go wrong if done incorrectly. Good luck!

Call Connects2 directly, there is some switches on the PCB within the black box it just pops open. They need to be set differently for some units ( can't remember the exact config for Kenwood ) Also try disconnecting power to the black box for about 2 mins then reconnect, that normally solves it. Alternatively you could disconnect the car battery

Not sure if this is common knowledge on here but if you connect the Blue wire from the Black box it will present "Honda Civic" on old screen at the top, if you leave it disconnected you will just get the date.

Another bit of info that might be handy is if anyone is connecting a reversing camera it's much easier to tap into the fuse box instead of running an additional wire from the harness in the boot.

Not sure if it's just me but I installed my head unit yesterday and the fascia is a pretty bad fit, I ended up hacking away at the dash just to make it sit nearly flush... and is really flimsy!

Back