• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Stealing the theme from the FK8 thread I thought we should have a 'What did you do to your EP3 today?' thread for our cars.

There seems to be quit a few of us here and I know there are some rather dedicated owners keeping their EP3's looking very tidy and hopefully being EP3 owners we won't have too many posts about changing gearboxes :p

I'll make a start. It wasn't today and it's not very interesting but I cleaned my car after not doing it for over 6 months. I know I am a bad person :D

Wheels before and after:

J0nRQCph.jpg

47RNly9h.jpg

Bodywork before and after:

M8ihe4Ph.jpg

cx37XlRh.jpg

uE4aWgGh.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nice. I'm taking my engine torque damper off this lunchtime. Here's a recent pic of mine.

Attachments

• sketch-1554242893862.png
    sketch-1554242893862.png
    649.8 KB · Views: 49
Not today but Saturday, I did a full clay bar, polish and wax.

Attachments

• 29EFB7B2-9E72-4B6D-8717-DEB96AA9A46B.jpeg
    29EFB7B2-9E72-4B6D-8717-DEB96AA9A46B.jpeg
    401.4 KB · Views: 50
Not today but Saturday, I did a full clay bar, polish and wax.
Looking nice. Did you polish it up by hand or machine?

I need to give mine a clay and polish. I just stuck some wax on for now to give it a bit of protection.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Looking nice. Did you polish it up by hand or machine?

I need to give mine a clay and polish. I just stuck some wax on for now to give it a bit of protection.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Cheers, I always polish and wax by hand. It always amazes me how much extra crap you get off the paint after using a clay bar. I ran out of time to use my proper autoglym wax so just did a quick auto finesse glisten. I will do a proper full wax in the next few weeks.

Definately subbing to this! What I did today: I purchased Flashy's Injen CAI. Can't wait for it to arrive, but I still have an exhaust leak or something to fix before mapping.

I've looked at mine on it's axle stands :lol:

Making slow progress just tidying things up a little. Did have a nice parcel from Tegiwa though.

I looked at mine on the drive. Since it did 100 miles to a tank of fuel, I think I'd better leave it there for a little bit longer!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

I looked at mine on the drive. Since it did 100 miles to a tank of fuel, I think I'd better leave it there for a little bit longer!

Woah, something wrong with your O2 sensors?

Yeah I think my Rotrex is broken.

That was 60 miles on track and 40 miles at 60mph on the way home. Average of 13mpg over the tank! I knew it would be bad, but I didn't think I'd make it home at one point, it certainly likes a tipple.

I had to install a new cooler today. The old one cracked at the top, never seen anything like it. I think I got hit by a stone on sunday, coming from under the wheels of a BMW X5. The stone got so lucky to fly through the gaps of the front grill, and hit my cooler. As you can see on the picture, there is a big hit mark under the crack in the fins. I think the impact warped the whole thing, the plastic top couldn't follow and cracked. I was unlucky as hell. It was my first time doing it, fairly simple, it just took more time, than I wanted it to.
IMG_20190409_193331.jpgIMG_20190409_193414.jpgIMG_20190409_200516.jpg

What I did yesterday, was find out, that I have no exhaust leaks. That's good news, yet, the annoying chirping sound remains, and my mechanic buddy told me, that it's probably down to something not being right in the catalytic converter, it has probably been fiddled with. I need a replacement, but new ones cost a fortune, and used ones are very hard to come by. I didn't want to start a new thread for this, does any of you have any experience with the issue? Any idead in which direction I should go? Baseline is, that I don't want to make the car louder.

Does it only make the noise when going along or do you get it when stationary too? Mine occasionally makes an annoying noise when going along, which I found to be the driveshaft heatshield after getting under the car and poking it. I'm in two minds whether to remove it or not though. It doesn't seem to want to tighten up anymore.

My advice for an EP3 is remove all the sheilds. Mine all made different noises at different rpms.

Just waiting for my new number plates, plain with 3D lettering. Get rid of the tatty euro plated ones :)

Thanks TomCat I think I will have to get round to removing that driveshaft heat shield then as I don't use it on trackdays or anything so I can't imagine it getting hot enough to need it. New number plates sound good Flashy, I keep getting tempted by pressed metal plates, I have had them in the past and they are hard wearing.

Does it only make the noise when going along or do you get it when stationary too? Mine occasionally makes an annoying noise when going along, which I found to be the driveshaft heatshield after getting under the car and poking it. I'm in two minds whether to remove it or not though. It doesn't seem to want to tighten up anymore.

It does it both being stationary, and while driving. Since I have no exhaust leaks, it's definately a broken cat, I did some research online, and got some advice from poeple, t seems like it is. I already have a used factory cat coming on tuesday, hopefully that solves it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back