• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Uh oh, that isn't good at all. I'd want to have an idea of where it's going before a strip down. Have you compression tested, or leak down tested it to see which cylinders are worst?

If you get varying results dry and then with oil in the cylinders that'll tell you if it's the rings. Which it most likely will be I guess. With no other running issues or noises that sounds most likely.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

No other issues at all, the car runs great. The guy who will most likely do it, worked in a Honda service for a long time, so I will tell him to check the compression, and try to figure out what's wrong beforehand. But as you said, it is most likely the piston rings, and the valve stem seals. I don't have any oil leaks, which is hard to believe, having 0 blue smoke coming out the back. With an oil consumption like this, it should be puking blue smoke, this is what tricked me at the purchase, it didn't.

Tough luck.

Continuing my research on K20 oil consumption. I was lucky to find Flashy's thread on civicinfo 2 years back, and a guy with an FN2 mentioned a few things, that are worth checking: oil grade, valve clrearances, and the PCV valve. Oil grade is fine, I'm even using thicker stuff, than fully synth. The latter 2 I have no idea about, but I will check both as soon as I can.

Although I must say, reading this made something click. I've had this annoying hissing-chirping sound, since I bought the car, at low revs, bigger throttle. It wasn't an exhaust leak. Could it be, that this sound is either the valve clearances being horribly off, or the crank pressure escaping somewhere due to a clogged PCV valve?

If it were the piston rings, or valve stem seals, it should be puking blue smoke, although I've seen examples on the contrary. Wish me luck guys!

had a lsd fitted and final drive fitted today ,ill get to drive it soon and see the difference it makes .

Continuing my research on K20 oil consumption. I was lucky to find Flashy's thread on civicinfo 2 years back, and a guy with an FN2 mentioned a few things, that are worth checking: oil grade, valve clrearances, and the PCV valve. Oil grade is fine, I'm even using thicker stuff, than fully synth. The latter 2 I have no idea about, but I will check both as soon as I can.

Although I must say, reading this made something click. I've had this annoying hissing-chirping sound, since I bought the car, at low revs, bigger throttle. It wasn't an exhaust leak. Could it be, that this sound is either the valve clearances being horribly off, or the crank pressure escaping somewhere due to a clogged PCV valve?

If it were the piston rings, or valve stem seals, it should be puking blue smoke, although I've seen examples on the contrary. Wish me luck guys!

You can check the pcv valve by briefly pinching the hose above the alternator and hopefully hear a ticking noise.

Just checked, pushed the hose, no clicking. Although the hose was very hard to squeeze, very rigid. I ordered a new PCV valve.

Replaced the original O2 Sensor as the EML came on, surprisingly it came out quite easy:mrgreen: Got a few bits on the way from Htune should be here next week.

had a lsd fitted and final drive fitted today ,ill get to drive it soon and see the difference it makes .

I will be very interested in the difference it’s made as I am thinking of doing this also and would like to know if it’s worth the money? I look forward to hearing about this soon, cheers

I did the valve clearances with a mate today. Since none of us had that much experience with this, we took our time, but it wasn't really hard. The engine instantly ran much smoother, now it has the proper Honda purr to it. It feels much much better, than before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I washed the engine bay today. I bought some degreaser, attached a sprayer pump thingy on the top, and sprayed almost everything. Then came the pressure washer on low setting, soapy hot water, finally rinsed it with filtered water. It looks a lot better, than before, most of the oily grime, dust etc is gone. It isn't as pretty as I hoped though. For that, I would need some detailing stuff and a lot of scrubbing. I hope I will have the affinity to do it sometime :D

Replaced split engine/gearbox mounts with Innovate Engine mounts. So much vibration but car feels a lot better. Got Buddy Club roll centre adjusters, JDM anti roll bar and Meyle HD drop links to fit all round. Rocker cover will be getting a new gasket and will be painted soon as well.

Designed some wheels online. I will get my alloys powder coated soon, but I can't decide which design to go with. I will keep the OEM wheels, these pictures are just to show the colour pattern. I really wonder which one would look better on the car. Any photoshop gurus present?

Version 1

Version 2

Designed some wheels online. I will get my alloys powder coated soon, but I can't decide which design to go with. I will keep the OEM wheels, these pictures are just to show the colour pattern. I really wonder which one would look better on the car. Any photoshop gurus present?

Version 1

Version 2

Those are unique...

Like I said, I will keep the OEM alloys :D This is just to show the colour, this was the best example I could pick on the rim designer website, but of course it is far from the OEM Enkeis. So the question is: do you like the spoke face red, or red between the spokes?

Bit late but sorting this out from Wednesday morning, some total **** decided to throw a bloody big stone from a foot bridge, so ****ed off!
aa812db6fc0966d29bb170f94ff38a49.jpg
687ebe43ed9d2e10be1284d100e660e3.jpg

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Bit late but sorting this out from Wednesday morning, some total **** decided to throw a bloody big stone from a foot bridge, so ****ed off!

Little F*****s, I feel your pain, it could have been worse if it hit your bonnet or roof! Bad luck though!

That's **** shoonk, reminds me of when some **** used a catapult and ball bearing to do this to my fn2. They were lucky I didn't catch up with them.

Attachments

• DSC_0001-2393x1350.JPG
    DSC_0001-2393x1350.JPG
    817.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0012-2393x1350.JPG
    DSC_0012-2393x1350.JPG
    326.2 KB · Views: 32
Back