• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

I started getting the water pump out, and for this I needed to get the crank pulley off. A normal braker bar didn't work. A 6 foot cheater bar didn't work. An electric impact wrench didn't work. A heavy-duty pneumatic gun didn't work. Next stop is something bigger.

filled up this morning.

365 miles from a tank, the lack of other cars on the road is doing wonders for my mpg!

Front and rear calipers today. New callipers and carriers on the front and just calipers on rear. I’ll have a go at a recon on the old ones if the piston bores look OK. Hmm, silver or red?

Last edited by a moderator:
Paid yearly insurance, petted the box of the EBC yellowstuff pads I got for christmas, and transferred the attendance fee for the first trackday of the year, which will be on the 3rd of april. Can't wait to be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, my FD2 doesn't even have the battery connected. I'm going to have to move it at some point though so I can use the garage as a temporary storage area in preparation for the house move.

How is she, any changes? :)
Nope. Other than the timing chain and water pump.
I've only done about 2000 miles in it nearly 2 years.

I went to get it out of the garage on Saturday but my mini was parked in front of it with a dead battery

It'll be out this weekend though as the mini has a new battery now.

Got a new battery for the mini last weekend so I can now move it to get the EP3 out of the garage for the first time in about 3 months :)

Took it for a quick spin and the EML came on

O2 sensor error. Reset the code and took it for another blast. It didn't come back on but I'll keep an eye on it and expect the worst

5e1c1c9cb1f0689212e13075c247822a.jpg

Last edited:
A bike easily goes in the back of an ep3

yup, fully aware of this.

But you do have to take the wheels off, worry about handlebars scuffing panels and rubbing on seats. Not to mention mud etc getting everywhere. So whilst it can be done, there are easier and better solutions to meet my needs. Hence why my EP3 is now sold. I appreciate the top tip tho ;)

But you do have to take the wheels off, worry about handlebars scuffing panels and rubbing on seats. Not to mention mud etc getting everywhere. So whilst it can be done, there are easier and better solutions to meet my needs. Hence why my EP3 is now sold. I appreciate the top tip tho ;)
Although it saddens me to see an EP3 sold, it's always a new car for someone else. As Flashy said, it can fit my road bike too, quite easilly, but of course there are situations in life, when you don't want/can't make use of a sporty car. Since mine has the weekend car/garage queen status now, I too would use something else, a daily commuter to carry stuff around.

Do all that to your new car instead then ;)

Although it saddens me to see an EP3 sold, it's always a new car for someone else. As Flashy said, it can fit my road bike too, quite easilly, but of course there are situations in life, when you don't want/can't make use of a sporty car. Since mine has the weekend car/garage queen status now, I too would use something else, a daily commuter to carry stuff around.

Yeah, an EP3 can do it, but like i said, putting a dirty mountain bike in the back of it a few times a week soon takes it toll, especially with the risk of damaging the interior or filling it with mud. Almost feel disrespectful to the car! :)

Plus after a couple of years ownership, its time for something different. I have enjoyed my time in my JDM EP3, but its off to a new home and something that suits my current needs will replace it.

Got a new battery for the mini last weekend so I can now move it to get the EP3 out of the garage for the first time in about 3 months :)

Took it for a quick spin and the EML came on

O2 sensor error. Reset the code and took it for another blast. It didn't come back on but I'll keep an eye on it and expect the worst

5e1c1c9cb1f0689212e13075c247822a.jpg

Looking great mate :cool: Go put some miles on it after lockdown!

Back