• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Went to a japanese car show today called "Red Sun Fest" (you can find it on FB) with my newly istalled +5hp "she's a screamer" sticker. :lol: Loved it, it had all the good stuff one can hope for on such an event, but the most appealing thing for me was the amateur drift/slalom bit, where anyone could try themselves out on a smaller handling course for a modest fee. Of course I still have a long way to go in improving my driving skills, but the little slut showed some serious potential. I had good pace, but right before my timed runs, we had a huge downpour, and of course I couldn't go as fast in the wet. Unfortunate, because I had chance to win the event. All this had me thinking, that if I ever decide to mod her a bit, handling mods will come first, strut braces, stiffer anti-roll bars, and maybe an LSD. Power is totally enough, but I feel more potential could be brought out with these.
IMG_20190414_145338.jpg

So I'm still waiting for my Spoon centre caps and Tegiwa wheel nut adapters but I fitted my newly refurbed alloys today.
Also got the battery off as its totally flat, it was a genuine Honda battery new but it was only on the car a few months but does not seem to be charging. I suppose the car has been off the road for a year so to be expected. I need to get pics up .

Plan to get rocker cover off and re spray that, do valve clearances and finish bits and bobs before trying to get it back on the road in June. I'll service her before hand too.

Spent a bit of time yesterday evening and this evening going over the whole car with T Cut Scratch Remover and adding a good coat of wax. It's put a lovely shine on it. It hasn't removed the surface scratches as such, but it has certainly disguised them somewhat as she has a few battle scars from previous owners over the years. Pretty pleased with the results.

So my Spoon centre caps came yesterday so tried fitting them today but....... They dont fit!

I did take a chance on them as they are meant for the Spoon SW388 wheels, they didnt know if they would fit oem wheels. If the clips were 1-2mm longer they would have fitted :madsmile:

So I'm going to get some stickers for the original caps now, just not sure what colour to go for.

Also fitted a Tegiwa battery tie down, they say you have to trim the fitting kit but lots of trimming was required cant believe the fitting kit had to be trimmed to fit though.

So my Spoon centre caps came yesterday so tried fitting them today but....... They dont fit!

I did take a chance on them as they are meant for the Spoon SW388 wheels, they didnt know if they would fit oem wheels. If the clips were 1-2mm longer they would have fitted :madsmile:

So I'm going to get some stickers for the original caps now, just not sure what colour to go for.

Also fitted a Tegiwa battery tie down, they say you have to trim the fitting kit but lots of trimming was required cant believe the fitting kit had to be trimmed to fit though.
Nothing can beat the old tro battery bars we had on here years ago. Wish I had never sold mine with the old car.

Nothing can beat the old tro battery bars we had on here years ago. Wish I had never sold mine with the old car.

Nothing except colour coded tie bars!

5d8b8ca0f13fbae53b8f6c53825071da.jpg

Headlight restoration!!

iTVnV3b.jpg

cJtmojD.jpg

xm9dZJp.jpg

oB7P7ZO.jpg

Was considering some new ones but, quite surprised at how well they came up!! Just waiting for the UV protector to arrive now, ETA Monday.

Nice job. Bit scary when you get the sand paper on them but they have turned out great.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it won't last long. Mine was 6 months before they faded again.

Next time I do them ill have them lacquered to keep them protected.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Has it worked long term? I used some UV stuff on them a few times but didn't work long term.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Not sure as I replenish every 4 months or so, at around £8 a bottle it'll last me about 5 years which is why I do it, but it does do a good job

Every 4 months? I think I'm lucky, that the car came with aftermarket headlights, but the stock ones really fade in a few months? That's crazy.IMG_20190409_200516.jpg

I do mine every 3-4 months too, just to keep them looking clean, I’m going to save up and get two new Honda OEM ones this year.

Mine looked great when I first polished them but I got lazy with topping up the uv protection and now they have faded again.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

MOT. Passed... but it has an advisory on the rear sills. So, now I need to find a decent panel place to get metal work done :(

Back