• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Cleaned inside & out.

QQuLrW6.jpg

li97lmG.jpg

ndFwYMe.jpg

3jhQyE3.jpg

d8auWzj.jpg

Considered taking an angle grinder to it over coming bank holiday and cutting it into little pieces.

Put the battery in a backpack, cycled to the grocery store parking lot, put it in, and brought the car home. Measured 13 volts on the battery at the start, 11,7 at home, after a 3 minute drive. :smt102

I don't know what ELB stands for, but it's the alternator. Voltage is around 11,5 while the engine is running, should be about 14,4. I will have the alternator refurbished.

Ok, this has me thinking now. What are the symptoms of the ELD failing?

Failure of the ELD should cause a fault code (P1298 I think, I had that on my older EP3), but I guess there are situations where it doesn't. It can lead to failure to charge the battery and related drain issues, others have reported a variety of problems (everything from rough running through to alarm triggering randomly).

No fault code here. I will get the generator out, have it checked, that will tell me what the problem is.

Had the chain, guides and tensioner replaced, then remapped. Got home and destickered and debadged the rear.

Attachments

• sketch-1558643232013.png
    sketch-1558643232013.png
    876.5 KB · Views: 27
So today fitted my rocker cover after painting and put a carbon plug cover on plus my Spoon socks and oil cap, add 5 bhp a peice I heard lol.
aff7eb8a00ec0c6b3502080c65d09dc5.jpg
665d9679ae9890d80744c280f091ecd6.jpg
fb7e1da9c32d354f2ec4dc31367aa4b1.jpg

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Dropped it, onto a raised jack: sufficient to break welds, buckle the spare wheel well, and upset me several different ways.

Tamping, sounds like you had a worse day than me with my bloody alarm issue lol.

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Tomorrow I'm going to see how much of it I can clean up, and assess the damage before I get quotes for repair work. The really annoying bit is that I'd just had the bottom rust-treated and stone protected, and I was jacking it up to re-seal the handbrake cable boots since they hadn't been seated properly. Now that's going to need pulling apart and working on, again.

I got my ECU out today, and took it apart. To my disapointment, I found no surprise K100, it seems to be totally stock. So now, I have absolutely no f@ckin clue on why the vtec comes in later, and why the rev limit is so high. I was told in a hungarian FB group, that is should take it to a local company to get it optimized/mapped. To my knowledge, the stock P28 ECU in an EP3 cannot be mapped.

I am utterly confused now, so any support you can give would be very much welcome.

Back