• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Keyless entry not working after cutting radio harness. (EP3 Type R)

Hey all,

It may sound weird, but after trying to install another radio, my key fob doesn't work anymore.
I really have no idea why it doesn't work anymore, i just cut some regular power cable and speaker cables from my old adapter because the radio that i bought new had a different connection. All i know is that the previous owner really messed with the radio wiring harness with random tape.
I didn't put the ignition on during the process.
Also, i didn't connect the speakers to the new radio yet, but i doubt that would make any difference.
Reprogramming keys doesn't work either.

Does anybody have some ideas why this happened?

I know that the keyless entry module is on the right side behind the midconsole, but the connection looks fine to me.

Thanks!

Is it pre facelift or facelift. Is a big difference, pre facelift the cars were made and then sent to a company to have terrible alarms terriblely installed. That could be alot of the electrical tape, that's what I had in mine. Facelift had an actual honda alarm which I have no experience with.

Is it pre facelift or facelift. Is a big difference, pre facelift the cars were made and then sent to a company to have terrible alarms terriblely installed. That could be alot of the electrical tape, that's what I had in mine. Facelift had an actual honda alarm which I have no experience with.

I've got the facelift model '04. Is the radio linked with the module?

Back