• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quaife ATB on stock EP3

Hey guys. I’m considering fitting a Quaife diff to an otherwise totally stock car. Keep hearing good things about them but unsure if I’ll be able to tell the difference on a standard daily driven road car.

I’m interested to hear any LSD equipped owners reviews and thoughts.

They are an excellent mod for an EP3.

The best value mod for you right now? Maybe not. I reckon you'd get more benefit and pleasure from a good suspension and geometry setup. Or better still, a big brake kit.

The right time for you to do it? Maybe not. If you wait and do it when you need a clutch doing, or other gearbox work, the labour cost comes right down. Otherwise you're taking the box off twice.

Hi Partyvan. Thanks for your thoughts and they make perfect sense to me. I’ll hold off putting it in until I know the clutch needs changing.

I have considered the FRSU but want to leave the suspension stock ride height as it’s a daily driven car and I’ve had enough of potholes and speed bumps where I live.

FRSU can be done without adjusting ride-height. You'd need camber bolts for the front (or camber adjustable top-mounts) and camber arms for the rear. Other than that it's a trip to a reputable place with good alignment equipment.

Will I see increased tyre wear from having the FRSU as I take it settings will be optimised for handling and maybe some negative camber added?

You will likely see a minor increase in tyre wear if you stay within sensible camber range. -1.0 all around is a nice starter for 10.

Ok I’ll do some investigation and find someone close by. Grinspeed is closest I think

You will find the camber is all over the place as the car is now, so probably find better wear, certainly more equal wear across all 4

Hi Chris. Sorry for the late reply to this. I really want to get the car up on a ramp / lift soon and have a thorough health check done. Which bushes usually perish and need replacing? The car handles amazingly but I would like to make it as tight and fresh as it was from the factory.

I’m seeing Grinspeed soon so will ask them to have a look.

Oh and it seems the FRSU comes highly recommended. I’m going to get some new tyres then perhaps get the geometry sorted soon after.

Just an update I went ahead and bought a brand new Quaife ATB and OEM Honda bearings from Momentum Motorsport. Now thinking if I should fit immediately or wait until the clutch needs doing? I thought my clutch was faulty but realised the pedal stiffness was due to me being used to low mileage moden day diesel VW's and Audi's with soft easy to use controls. After a few weeks of EP3 ownership I've learnt to use the car properly!

An EP3 clutch should be very light.

If it catches near the floor or has a firm pedal it's likely the clutch is an issue.

Clutch is about £150 quid, I'd just do it while the box is out regardless. Small potatoes when combined with the cost of a diff.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

The clutches go stiffer on the pedal the more worn they are, if its stiff get a new genuine Honda one fitted.

Thanks guys. I need something to compare the car to. I don’t know if mine is normal or stiffer than it should be. It catches halfway between the floor and top of pedal travel.

It seems to change gear fine at all revs to be honest. And no crunches or other funny business

Back