• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strut brace front and rear opinion and advise ep3

On my EP3, I currently have eibach pro lowering springs, rear honda Jdm ARB, arb poly bushes and fast road set up done by TI motorsport, my questions are:

Is it worth getting a decent front and rear strut brace / bar and if so after I potentially install both of these would it affect my FRST geometry or would I have to get it adjusted / checked after installation.

Any thoughts / experiences welcome

Cheers

I have a rear C Pillar J's racing brace and a stronger Alutec boot floor brace (replaces oem). Also have the JDM rarb and frsu. I had an Ultra Racing front upper Strut Brace that I have since sold.
The braces haven't affected my frsu. The front one definitely helped to tighten the front end if you throw it into a tight bend. I think the rears help tighten things too, a little less noticeable but I don't corner like I'm on track as I'm 100% road use only.

They sure look great, I had front and rear strut braces in my ep3.

Sure they probably did make a small difference but nothing noticeable.

Better ways to spend money unless you like some decent bling.

Getting the rear one also means removal of plastics or cutting to fit.

I was happy with plastics removed.

Shouldn't need Geo set up

I bought spare c pillar plastics and drilled a hole in each for the brace to go through.

Cheers for the reply’s, I’m a bit undecided yet. Might start with getting a front strut bar 1st and see if I notice any difference, I was looking at getting the ultra racing one as it’s a solid bar. Glad To hear I shouldn’t need my FRSU / geo adjusting.

Definitely recommend the ultra racing one, as you said a solid bar and it fits straight between the strut towers.

I’ve ordered the ultra racing one, I will see what I think once fitted at the weekend hopefully. :lol:

Back