• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Snapped Driveshaft... Replacements?

Hi,

Destroyed my drivers side driveshaft today in my not so powerful FN2, has anyone got any suggestions as to where I can get a replacement? Will most likely get a used one and sell it after my 3 and a half year ownership!

Has this happened to anyone else on here?

Cheers

Thanks! For anyone else thats interested in how this happens, the harmonic balancers collect water in them and as a result rusts the shafts. Very annoying!

Ouch!
One to look out for, what mileage you got now?

59 plate 125k miles ish, think it’s combination of hot day, sticky tyres and foot flat to the floor... but honestly after looking at it properly it’s eaten a fair bit of it away so was only a matter of time. Just lucky it didn’t happen when me and SKR went to wales the day before ( 700 miles in one day )

Drivers side is definitely more annoying to change! Just finished and normality is restarted!

Where are these harmonic thingys?
Are they easy to see from under car?

its a round rubber thing attached on the middle of the drive shaft. my brothers ep2 did the same thing. we replaced it with a J&R shaft.
I've also got a spare set of new J&R shafts for my dc2, just incase as they were very cheap.

It's not really possible to see the rust under it unless you remove the jubilee clips and slide it back. I think you can get them for about £80 online... I paid £170 for one but I needed the car back on the road asap. Will definitely change the passenger side soon as a precaution.

Back