• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 EP3 Type R tailgate issue 2005

Afternoon all,

So after owning the car from new I have my first real problem & it’s looking like I need a new / used tailgate for my EP3 facelift.

So my question is, does the EP3 facelift share a common part number / tailgate with any other models from its era I.e.

Pre facelift Type R
Pre/ post Civic Sport
Pre / post Standard models

I reall the facelift sport using the same rear bumper, wasn’t sure about the tailgate though. If I can broaden my search to various models other than a EP3 facelift, would be great to know!

Best regards

What's wrong with it for it needing replacement?

Hi Flashy, the tailgate appears to be cracking around one of the main brackets / hinge (drivers side) that opens the boot.

RPAaTD0.jpg

Kv6YyWc.jpg

0gpmCWY.jpg

This happened to mine a few years ago. Had the hinges replaced, and they're fine now. ��

Hi petch, thanks for the response!! Did your tailgate have cracks surrounding the hinge area,,, or was it just a faulty hinge?!

I can replace the hinge no problem, but the tailgate would still need weld repairing / replacing. At the moment replacing it seems to be the quickest, easiest and cheapest option.

Yes, the tailgate did also require welding to the cracks where the hinge had been attached. I was told they tend to do this because the hinges need lubricating occasionally.

Back