• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Couple of niggles with FK8 Type R

Picked up an FK8 the other week

Has issue with front parking sensors which it’s going back to dealer for mod to grill or new grill

Tyre warning going off all the time which is annoying they’re going to look at that

They don’t seem to know if it’s supposed to have a tilting passenger mirror? I guess it doesn’t which is annoying as I use it reversing up my slopped drive bit does anyone know if this is correct that it doesn’t have one

Also apple car play won’t register my phone, my old crv handsfree never worked and Honda advised me to take legal action if I wanted to take it further. Could never use it on either of my iPhone or Samsung. I was hoping this would work but the civic has paired but won’t input my contacts it will only answer a call sometimes. The apple car play won’t work at all the phone symbol is just greyed out. Is there an easy fix for this like disconnecting the battery for a while or is it a dealer reboot. I’ve an iPhone 8plus which I’d guess should work

No got a 11 month old one

Had DC5 which still have but someone reversed into the front so was having withdrawal symptoms not driving it, hated my daily CRV worst car I’ve ever had so thought sack it and bought this

My job takes me down farm tracks and off road so I’ll be walking a lot now

It’s std GT spec

First owner a fire arms officer only added a service pack and no extras

To be honest I’m a Honda person always had them but know nothing about these at all

Looking at fk8 interior pics it definitely has dipping mirrors, there's a mirror switch that needs flicking left or tight then you use that directional button

Yes normally on my other Honda’s you have the mirror button on passenger side switches left and when you put the car in reverse it automatically tilts the mirror to the kerb

Christ I had totally forgot cars did that, I now remember my Golf doing it, I can't remember if the Fn2 did it but will have a gander if the FK2 does it.
I'm useless finding out thing's, nearly 4 years in and I only realised 2 weeks ago there's seatbelt clips in the back #-o

No got a 11 month old one

Had DC5 which still have but someone reversed into the front so was having withdrawal symptoms not driving it, hated my daily CRV worst car I’ve ever had so thought sack it and bought this

My job takes me down farm tracks and off road so I’ll be walking a lot now��

It’s std GT spec

First owner a fire arms officer only added a service pack and no extras

To be honest I’m a Honda person always had them but know nothing about these at all

Yeah they are wide so watch them country roads..

Hope it didn't have any bullet holes

What colour?

CW

The only colour I’d personally go for

Have you done anything to yours

Modifications etc

Anything that is worth doing or adding for the experience

Good man

Only a pipercross panel filter for a bit of whoosh, got funds waiting to go for a Remus but just hanging on for dream to release their exhaust. Other mods - I didn't like the smooth finishes on the alloys so roughed them up a bit, much better now. Only a handful have modded beyond exhaust and those that have aren't on here....losers

I’ve got mugen wind deflectors to go on as it doesn’t have a sunroof I like a bit of fresh air even in the rain so they stop the rain coming in

I’ve been looking at exhausts but think I need to hear one before I buy one

Also alloys I’d like to change as just don’t like the std ones

No & no :lol:

With regards to the clips do you mean where the seatbelt is retained out of the way when the rear seats are folded ?

If so the FN2 had those as well :D

:lol: did the Fn2 really have them? I use to plug the belts in #-o

Another new one for me, the FK2 2nd boot compartment lid pops out and lays flat in the compartment, next on the list is to find the legendary pen

Just been in the boot and noticed cracks at the top of the join where the back of the black roof strip drops into the boot and they’re rusty

This isn’t a good sign

Something else for the dealer to look at

These are bigger than the ones on my DC5 and the ones one the teg haven’t rusted

Honda UK aren’t aware of the issue but the cars are newish I suppose

Apparently the parking sensor issue they though was only std models so there isn’t a fix for the type r apart from replacing it so we’ll see what the dealer does

They’ve no idea why the apple play isn’t working so the dealer is going to re apply the software, I hope it works as the crv I’ve just got rid of never worked

Back