• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Couple of niggles with FK8 Type R

I’ve just had a look at a photo of this on a new civic but not a type r on another forum. I’ve had a look at my car which is nov 2018 and I have no rust but I have what looks like tape on both sides of the boot along the seam line and it’s all sprayed in. I wonder if this is a fix as the other civic didn’t have the tape.

I gave Honda uk a buzz on Saturday to I was armed with info for when the dealer has a look at it, apparently they’ve not come across an issue with this

I think you mean like the crv has. Put the car in reverse and the mirrors tilt. Then when back in gear they resume the set position

FK8 doesn't have them

Mine had both these issues from new. The front parking sensor very occasionally seems to think there's something right in front of the car, it's only happened twice in 2k miles though and hasn't really bothered me. The tyre pressure warning used to go off all the time, but seems to have settled down now and hasn't come on for the last 1000 miles.

Those covers arrived today. They are not slip on but need to be glued down. I removed the old fabric and used double sided sticky tape.

Quite a bit of trimming needed but between myself and my wife (who is a tailor) we did both the front ones in around an hour including removing the panels from the front doors.

They look brilliant, especially for £11 for a set of 4. Photos below. Also shows how manky the old ones were.

IMG_20190519_190306.jpgIMG_20190519_190322.jpgIMG_20190519_190756.jpgIMG_20190519_192035.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived too. Great images! Looks like you did a good job!
Were the panels easy to remove from the door and could the existing fabric be removed easy without tearing just incase i would like to put them back on when selling the car to keep it original?

Hi there, removing the handles is easy enough. You need to push up the plastic panel with the door controls, remove a screw behind it then wedge the main door panel off at the outside edge. Then there are three silver screws and a clip holding the handle in place. Remove them and it slides up and off.

The existing fabric tears off in one piece as it's quite thick and could probably be glued back in place if need be.

mine came as well....I am not going to remove the alcantara, just put them on top and fasten them via the power of positive thinking....

Anyone had their front grill replaced for the parking sensor/rain issue?
Spoke to my local Honda when booking my service and they don't have the part yet.

nope it's still in development. There has been some replacements for the FK7 (non CTR version) but the quality/finish of the piano black plastic I'm told isn't like for like. Dealer let me eyeball a copy of the Honda service bulletin on it and for the FK7 they will only change the grill at the Customers insistence.

So the worry is when "eventually" the new CTR replacement grill comes out if it looks a bit cheap compared the original plastic trim would you still have it replaced.

hmmm, maybe the reflective properties of a glossy piano black grill along with the rain drop refraction is the cause of the sensor interference?

Was in by my dealer a couple of weeks ago and they said they are still waiting on a fix from Honda and its dragging on a bit. Lots of people on the list for the mod if it ever happens.

Will probably get it replace if colour is different, would also be a good replacement if your grill/front end is covered in chips too

I am surprised my gloss black trim is holding up well stone chip wise. I have the sensor issue extremely rarely so not a prob for me touch wood

Back