• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Picking up my FK8 tomorrow

Very excited. Was thinking recently about getting another S2000, which i would be pairing with my current car, a 2019 Suzuki Jimny. However, the Jimny is not for me and i've decided against having 2 cars. I had a BMW M140i the last two years, so it's actually been good to have the Jimny in between.

I've previously had an FN2, S2000 and DC5. I'm pretty convinced the FK8 will be the best of the bunch though.

DSC00175.JPGDSC_0344.jpgDSC05250.jpgIMG_1323.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! Brand new or used?

It won't have the straight line grunt of the BMW or engine note, but you're gonna love it

It’s a new one. As was my FN2.

The BMW has brutal in gear acceleration. Mine was actually a manual, but the shift action wasn’t great. Contemplated getting an auto now but thought better of it. Engine/exhaust didn’t actually sound great. Chassis not nearly as talented. Needed new springs and shocks really. And possibly an LSD. Good car, but not aggressive enough to be a ‘hot hatch’ in my book. Hard thing to categorise.

Polished metal.

It's great, I love it. Already received a compliment (the car, not me), the first time i got out of it in public too.

Yeah get used to it! For all the slagging off the looks get, I've had loads of thumbs up and compliments.

Get your wheels ceramic coated asap is my only advice

Took some snaps last night before work...

af739ae18536d2e336f47b30c3b2aab4.jpg

e741d2f531f8bd0c4e0e2e8eb86a2958.jpg

66f63d42669988f5e7dbecc39375da5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you dislike about the Suzuki? I thought those little jimnys were supposed to be brilliant

What did you dislike about the Suzuki? I thought those little jimnys were supposed to be brilliant

It’s a very old fashioned kind of thing. Couldn’t be more different to the R. Was more special at first but started to wear on me. Would be fine if I got an S2000 as well but as my only car I couldn’t cope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could have written this thread yesterday!!!

I'm picking up my new FK8 Type R this afternoon!! Polished Metal too.

Can't wait. Really excited, as you should be on new car day!! Swapping it for a five year old F80 M3 which i will miss a lot, but the draw of a brand new hot hatch will hopefully compensate. Will follow up with some pics etc!!

So mine is #26065 and i was told it was fresh from the 'factory' last week.

I've driven home from the dealer and had a little play tonight and it's fair to say i'm not missing the M3 at this point. There was a moment of 'what am i doing' sitting in the dealer but then they pulled the sheet off my car and all was forgotten. Loving the tech and the toys!

Awesome, welcome matt, it's great we are getting new people on here

I've got to say though, i'd be missing that M3!!! Surely it's a different league performance wise?

I'm always going to miss the M3. Always wanted one and don't regret buying it, but it's coming up to five years old and whilst it was running great i could see a lot of large bills in the near future.

Performance wise it is giving away a lot and so far it is the massive levels of torque I miss, but the Civic is only 50(!) miles old and is really tight at the moment. Ask me again in 6 months!

Also in reality, the M3 is just too quick for UK roads. I can't recall ever using full throttle for more than 3 or 4 seconds before you have to lift or are doing silly speeds. Awesome machine and if you fancy one then do it. Also don't believe the horror stories about them being tail happy. It's a 430hp rear wheel drive car - it's all down to your right foot!!!

Back