• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help

Does it only do it on the 1st start? Mine made a rattle like that on 1st start or when cold. My car ended up skipping the timing chain. Not sure if its related ***. Have heard it can be chain tensioner or starter motor.

How many miles is on yours?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It’s on 106k it’s done it this morning first time , been fine all day even when left it for 7/8 hours it didn’t do it . Just a few times this morning on first start up so had to video it for help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know if the timing chain has been changed? I know a lot of people change it at 100k for piece of mind.

Is it ever hard to start? I.e cranks for longer than usual or makes a clicking noise before starting?

Do you know if the timing chain has been changed? I know a lot of people change it at 100k for piece of mind.

Is it ever hard to start? I.e cranks for longer than usual or makes a clicking noise before starting?

Chains never been done I don’t think and no start ups been fine just this morning was sat for a while yesterday , nothing to do with certain oil or worth getting anything else checked out . There’s 2 noises in the video . 1st quick one is internal and 2nd noise external most probs the inlet cover I’m assuming but it’s the first one I’m worried about. But been fine all day . Weird

Have you checked oil level? When was oil last changed? Yes def worth checking. There are a few covers/shields that can rattle. Manifold cover and driveshaft shield are common ones. They can be weird cars haha.

I’ll do oil change on Tuesday then last one was 97k . I’ll have a proper look then hopefully nothing bad

To me that sounds like the plastic inlet manifold cover rattling. Remove it and check again. It’s only a one minute job.
Cheers

+1 for inlet manifold cover, as above take it off and see if the noise is still there.
Worth doing the valve clearances too if they have not been done, they can cause a slight noise too.

Back