• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dave's Type R # 2 - Silver FN GT

Mine is on the dc5 brembo kit but noticed a lot of brake squeal. Pretty good bite when warm but could be better. Didn't notice that much of a difference from the standard brakes

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Interesting. Is that on standard discs? I was running slotted rotors on my DC5 which maybe helped with initial bite? I agree that pedal feel is more Oem with the DC5 setup. They always felt the perfect balance to me. Not too much bite but progressive/nicely modulated with plenty of stopping power when you really needed it.

I think the additional bite with my setup is due to the increase in piston size in the caliper. I haven't really done anything other than feather them since fitting. Partly for the initial run in process and partly just because for daily driving thats all thats needed!

I did a lot of research as I was concerned with brake bias but looking at the Megane RS its a similar vehicle weight to the FN2 and the master cylinder size appeared to be on par too. To mimic the megane more closely you could argue I need bigger rotors at the back but I'd rather not add any more unnecessary unsprung weight. The advice I was given is every car is slightly different, even across the same model. So will see how they are once bedded in more and take it from there. Kits like the Stoptech kit are apparently completely balanced with the oem rear brakes so I can't see what I'm running being a million miles away.

Interesting. Is that on standard discs? I was running slotted rotors on my DC5 which maybe helped with initial bite? I agree that pedal feel is more Oem with the DC5 setup. They always felt the perfect balance to me. Not too much bite but progressive/nicely modulated with plenty of stopping power when you really needed it.

I think the additional bite with my setup is due to the increase in piston size in the caliper. I haven't really done anything other than feather them since fitting. Partly for the initial run in process and partly just because for daily driving thats all thats needed!

I did a lot of research as I was concerned with brake bias but looking at the Megane RS its a similar vehicle weight to the FN2 and the master cylinder size appeared to be on par too. To mimic the megane more closely you could argue I need bigger rotors at the back but I'd rather not add any more unnecessary unsprung weight. The advice I was given is every car is slightly different, even across the same model. So will see how they are once bedded in more and take it from there. Kits like the Stoptech kit are apparently completely balanced with the oem rear brakes so I can't see what I'm running being a million miles away.
No, on slotted drilled brembo discs (s2000) . I'm sure will notice a bigger difference with pbs pads will get them fitted when next service is due in September.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'd say from a price point of view, don't think they are a cheaper option as they are soft. The fronts look as though they have about 5 to 6k miles in them to me.

From a performance point of view they are great for water displacement. If you favour a good wet tyre I'd say they do well there. They seem on par with Eagle F1's I've run in the past but I still think for my next purchase I'd favour Eagles. I'm going to try a different tyre altogether next though. See what all the fuss is about with the Michelin range. PS4's or even cups if I can stretch to it.

Thought you would find that.
I'm on Goodyear AS3 at the moment but looking at the new AS5.
AS3 have done well, on around 15k miles and still have 3-4mm all round after one rotation.

Back