• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel filter change

Carrying out a service on my EP3 and wanted to find out if it would be a good idea to replace the fuel filter. Just hit 90k not sure if previous owner(s) ever had it replaced and since I have had the EP3 I have not replaced it.

Thanks

Would'nt hurt, I'm sure its in the service book to be changed at 75k. Did mine around that mileage.

I did mine a little while ago at 90k, it was a tad grubby and a bit of a mission, but it was cheap and "easy" enough to do.

I did mine a little while ago at 90k, it was a tad grubby and a bit of a mission, but it was cheap and "easy" enough to do.

Hey Mike. Did you notice any difference in the way the car drove with the new filter?

I didnt notice any difference when the filter was changed just done it because it was in the service book to do so and out of piece of mind.

At 90k I would change plugs unless you have already, check/adjust valve clearances ( again if not done), and inspect chain and tensioner and replace if necessary.

Also don't forget gearbox oil, clutch fluid etc.

IIRC 75k is a big service on the EP3's so a full change of fluids all filters changed, chain inspection, valve clearances etc.

Thanks Shoonk. Mines on 66k mikes at the moment. I’m going to change plugs, fuel filter and get valve clearances done soon.

are the fuel filters at the tank end on these cars? ive never done a fuel filter change on a ep3.

They're literally in the tank. You pull out the lower section of the rear seat, unscrew the top of the tank, try not to set everything on fire, pull out and detach the filter/pump/level-sensor blob, then pull the whole thing apart, reassemble and replace.

Back