• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Type R Climate Display Not Working

Hi All,

I have a standard FN2 Type R GT with Sat Nav.

The display that shows clock, radio and climate control temperature has stopped showing the dual zone temperatures on the display! Time and Radio lines on the display are fine and I even re-soldered the joints to make sure!

I cant see this issue anywhere I have searched!! is there anyone who may have any fresh ideas?

They disappear if you turn the climate to off. You've not done that have you?

Is it still blowing out of the vents?

Thanks for the reply.

Everything works as it should apart from the line on the display not showing temps!

Its getting frustrating now as i'm not sure where to check now?

If it's working it'll just be the display has gone faulty. See if you can find one at a breakers or eBay.

So the plot thickens!!

I put the screen into diagnostic mode last night and it is working as far as i can tell, with the back-light and characters all showing OK.

More fault finding seems to be order :evil:

Got a display from Ebay guys and so ripped the dash apart again! and guess what.......

The second display does exactly the same as the original the entire climate data row does not show. above is the time and below is the radio information.

I take it that this problem is not common?

Hi All,

The weekend fault finding went well into my issue....
But not before I bought a dash replacement display including the multi-function display and climate control buttons.

It was a loose connector going into the head unit, :mad:

Back