• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Oil light coming on!!

I'm on holiday this week and on the drive down the motorway the check oil message came up.

I checked the oil Monday and it was good. So I quickly pulled over on hard shoulder to make sure it wasn't an emergency and I hadn't lost all the oil.

Looked ok so kept going to the nearest service station to check properly.

Every thing looked good so jumped back in to the car and carried on.

10 miles down the motorway it came on again.

Now i hate the dipstick on the FK8 and thought maybe I was doing something stupid. So quick Google and found a Honda dealer only a couple of miles of out route and not far away.

At this point would like to say a big shout out to the Honda dealer in Bristol for there help.

Then engineer checked the oil and no i haven't been stupid and it was fine he thinks the sensor may need to be changed and to see my dealer when i get home.

Now my question is has anyone else had the same problem?

Also has anyone found a aftermarket dipstick that's easier to read?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nope not heard anything about faulty oil sensor. Just what you need when your away, like my tpm when I was in Cornwall closest thing was a ferrier

Least you can drive on and know it's ok

Nope not heard anything about faulty oil sensor. Just what you need when your away, like my tpm when I was in Cornwall closest thing was a ferrier

Least you can drive on and know it's ok
Yep why i stopped and went in the dealer. With the fun roads in Somerset I'd have been really p***ed off if I'd have to take it east!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back