Home
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check engine light came on today...

Quote Originally Posted by DistortedSouls View Post
    Problem resolved!

Cure: the petrol tank cap was not fit flush when I filled up at the petrol station after work on Friday. Therefore the system was not sealed.

I undid the petrol cap this morning and made sure it sealed.

Started the car up and the engine light has gone.

A guy at work who has a obd dongle (he has a s2000) plugged it in and the error code was P0046.

I agree with Chris sorry for rambling on.

This could happen to anyone if you were in a rush or tired.

Hope this may help someone in the future.

Thanks all those that have posted in this thread. I'm going to buy a obd dongle!
    better than what i did on last trackday... leave station with the flap still open and cap in it's holder. had to fill up on the wrong side so the automatic actions didnt happen. never done that in my years of driving... atleast i didnt drive away with the hose still in
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, DBA 4000t3 discs, PBS ProRace Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 Dunlop SportMaxx-RT2 Winter: Riva DTM 18" 225/40r18 Nokian WR-A3 & Bridgestone LM-32

Quote Originally Posted by veehexx View Post
    better than what i did on last trackday... leave station with the flap still open and cap in it's holder. had to fill up on the wrong side so the automatic actions didnt happen. never done that in my years of driving... atleast i didnt drive away with the hose still in
    that's is exactly what I did filling up the wrong side in a hurry and stretching the fuel hose across to reach the other side of filler cap,,