• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 USB and AUX connection help

Hi all

I’m Luke and I’m new here, this is my first post so please bear with me whilst I try and get to grips with this forum, I’m not use to using them.

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I own a 58Plate Honda Civic FN2 TYPE R GT with Sat Nav. I am trying to get an official USB and AUX connection. My car did not come with the slots in the glove box/arm rest for this, But I know the 2010 models did.

My question is, is there anyway to get these USB and AUX connections fitted to my car whilst retaining the use of my Sat Nav. Please could someone enlighten me as to if this is at all possible and what parts and things I need to purchase and do.

Ps I understand there are options out there like xcarlink but I really would like to keep it authentic like the 2010 onwards models

Thanks so much in advance
Kind Regards
Luke

The OEM connectors are now discontinued by all accounts. You can't get the loom or connectors so you're looking at breakers or eBay.

You really would be better looking for a DICE box or xCarlink.

Hi Loxy,

Thank you so much for your reply.
To tell you the truth, I actually have the xCarlink however when I press the ‘audio’ button which is located next to the big Sat Nav dial, all it says on the Sat Nav screen is ‘extension’. I find this extremely annoying, because I thought it would say what song I was currently listening to and have say a song timer.

This is what inspired me in to looking to get it like OEM.

Do you know if I managed to source the connectors and wires would this fix the issue I’m having and display the song title and the timer instead of just saying the word ‘extension’.

Thanks again Loxy for replying to me

They display the song names if you're using a USB with MP3 files, in exactly the same way a CD containing MP3 files works now, you get so many characters and the rest cycles through across the display.

If you're using a phone or MP3 player, you don't get anything from memory.

Thank you Loxy and Mike, for helping with this.
I know it may sound silly to others but I’m all about the little things (song track names etc) I think it makes a huge difference.
However on this occasion I think I will stick with the xCarlink, I mean it does work and does the job, just that little niggle of having it say ‘extension’

Thank you so much to the both of you for helping me and also saving me that £175 which I could put towards something else on the car :)

Back