• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch Master Cylinder Broke AGAIN

Hey, guys so my CMC in my EP3 just went out again after having replaced it around 6 months ago.

I do have an after market exedy clutch and a lightened flywheel which was installed by the previous owner around a year ago. So basically the CMC has blown twice within a year.

So my options are replace both CMC and clutch to OEM or upgrade to an aftermarket CMC?

Thoughts appreciated guys cheers.

Out of interest, what rating brake fluid are you using in your clutch?

It could just be bad luck I guess, coincidences are good like that.

Out of interest, what rating brake fluid are you using in your clutch?

It could just be bad luck I guess, coincidences are good like that.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I don't know. I took it to a garage (far from home) to get it fixed the first time it broke, and didn't bother to ask what they put in. My bad, I'm new to Hondas and cars and general. So next time, I'm going to make sure I know exactly whats being put in my car if I'm not the one working on it.

Say the wrong rating brake fluid was used. What does it do the clutch system?

Anyways, I will be taking it to a trusted mech soon so they can properly diagnose it.

Cheers

Old fluid that's absorbed water could cause issues, low fluid can cause leaks/breakage. DOT 5 fluid in a glycol-ether configured system could have some issues as well.

I haven't heard of problems with the master cylinder with a clutch like yours, it doesn't seem anywhere near aggressive enough for that.

Old fluid that's absorbed water could cause issues, low fluid can cause leaks/breakage. DOT 5 fluid in a glycol-ether configured system could have some issues as well.

I haven't heard of problems with the master cylinder with a clutch like yours, it doesn't seem anywhere near aggressive enough for that.

Hey cheers man. I went to my local mechanic, they confirmed it was the CMC, brake fluid was squirting out from it. Thankfully the shop that installed it are willing to pay for a new one. Now I only need to pay for labour. Not so bad.

I randomly read something recently about some owners removing the slow release mechanism/valve or something like that. It was said that doing this would introduce a great deal more strain on the CMC. Just thought I’d mention it to maybe check:

1. It’s not been removed or;
2. It’s functioning correctly

Back