Home

Thread: Bridgestone Potenza S001?

Default Bridgestone Potenza S001?

As per the title, has anyone tried these on their FK8? Or other Type R?

Bridgestone Potenza S001 245/30 R20 90 Y XL FR

They are significantly cheaper than the Continental, Michelin and Goodyear options.
    2018 FK8 Type R GT
    2002 DC5 Type R C-Pack
    2002 EP3 Type R 30AE

I have looked at these, having had them on a 911. I have worn out my Continentals in four and a half thousand miles.

I am going to try Michelins in the hope that the better wear rate will balance things out. We'll see!

Dave

I had them on my FN2, bit of a fairy compared to an FK8 but they were really good in the dry. In the wet not so good so switched to Hankook k120 evo2 they also wore fairly quickly!

Having had S001's on another car, i would expect them to last ages but won't be a patch on Michelin's in the wet or dry for grip.

They won't be an awful tyre, I just find that generally Bridgestones are pretty hard and can be a bit scrabbly when pressed. Unfortunately ever since the RE04's that came on my 350z tried to kill me whenever water fell from the sky, my view has been a bit tarnished!

I've never liked Bridgestones since my EP3 had them, as said above they're too hard and not great in the wet. However this was 2008 so they may be better these days, but I wont ever get them again.
    I'll be going for Michelin PS4's when it comes to changing the Continentals.
    I had Michelins on my Boxster S and they were outstanding.
    2018 FK8 Civic Type R
    2016 FK2 CTR, 2007 FN2 CTR, 2003 EP3 CTR

Thanks for the replies, info and opinions.

I can get the S001’s for 138 PS4S are 203 so there’s a big difference!

I tend to use the car to drive to work which is mostly motorway and not often a spirited drive so does the performance really matter too much?

Have any of you rotated the wheels on the FK8? I was advised not to by my local tyre garage, they said that because the car has the TPMS system that the front are rear wheels should not be moved from the axel they are on. Has anyone else been advised that this is the case?

I would prefer to wear out the full set of Continental’s and swap the set of 4 tyres to a different option. My fronts are down to 2mm in the middle after 6k mileage so I’m keen to get a tyre that has better wear.

I’m also considering the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 5’s. Has anyone tried these yet?
    Last edited by Redcap; 18-05-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    2018 FK8 Type R GT
    2002 DC5 Type R C-Pack
    2002 EP3 Type R 30AE

I would rotate wheels when fitting new tyres, in my experience you’re better off with the new set of tyres on the rear.
    2018 FK8 Civic Type R
    2016 FK2 CTR, 2007 FN2 CTR, 2003 EP3 CTR