• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Xenon not working...

Hello!

My xenon bulb stopped working so I replaced it with a brand new one but still not working... What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Ballast, cables, fuses, connections in general?

Which car? 3rd party install I guess?

Its a EP3. The previous owner changed the thing the bulb sits in and its not an oem part. Could it possibly be something wrong with that part?

Ive checked the fuses and all look fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the bulb is fine and the fuses are okay, the likely culprit is the ballast/exciter. A lot of people buy cheap, this is the sad outcome.

If the bulb is fine and the fuses are okay, the likely culprit is the ballast/exciter. A lot of people buy cheap, this is the sad outcome.

A new ballast is around £400 and I dont feel like spending that much just to get a bulb working haha. Maybe a second hand oem one is better than a new cheap one?

If it's an aftermarket kit, a ballast won't be that much.

Have you any pics of the kit?

If it's an aftermarket kit, a ballast won't be that much.

Have you any pics of the kit?

Im going to try to get some pictures today. If it is the ballast that is broken, what should I look for when buying a new one?

You could replace your whole Xenon / HID kit with a new one for not much money. Sometimes better to do this than spend money on used ballasts.

Back