• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Ep3 overheating issue

I left my car off road for like 8 months. No overheating issues or anything been trying to sort the idle surge issue. And now out of nowhere car overheats and got to about over 3/4 on the temp gauge after like 3-4 mins. The fan doesn’t kick in. Top radiator hose goes hard. Mechanics reckon it might be head gasket. It had a new radiator recently. Is there any other possible issue this may be sick of spending money lol. Thanks guys

Does it only overheat when the car isn't moving?

If you start the car from cold with the radiator cap off, does the fluid move?

When the top hose is heating up, is the bottom hose too?

Is the fan properly connected?

Haven’t tried driving yet. Forgot to say oil looks good it’s not milky. And can’t check those atm until I get back to car so will have to let you know on those ones :p I assume the fan is properly connected. It ran completely fine and started fine - the idle surging like 3 weeks ago. So I don’t get why it’s suddenly overheating out of nowhere

Could be as simple as an air lock in the coolant system since you had the radiator replaced recently?

Ahhh I phrased it wrongly the radiator was fitted over a year ago. But it’s pretty much brand new as barely done any miles since it’s fitted, since it’s been off-road.

Back