• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Stone Chips

My car is coming up to two years old.

I have noticed that the car has quite a number of small stone chips in the windscreen. Has anybody else had a similar experience?

I realise that we all travel on different roads etc, but wondered if this was symptomatic?

Cheers

Dave

My front end has been chipped to hell, including the windscreen, 18 months 7.5k mileage. Mine is largely down to doing group drives, just got back from a 1k 5 day tour of Scotland. Got my car collected for a front end respray, new windscreen, new front badge :D

Nope not on the windscreen. Front bumper looks like a 15 year old teenagers face though, be worse if it wasn't champ white!

Have noticed the rubbers perishing in places around the windscreen though

My front end has been chipped to hell, including the windscreen, 18 months 7.5k mileage. Mine is largely down to doing group drives, just got back from a 1k 5 day tour of Scotland. Got my car collected for a front end respray, new windscreen, new front badge :D

A respray after 7.5k! Don't have pre spray pics do you?

Most likely got a picture, but doubt it will show the chips, as haven't photographed it up close.
Hi mate, how much did it cost for the respray plus windscreen? Mine are also fairly chipped and tempted to get it done. Thanks

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

Hi mate, how much did it cost for the respray plus windscreen? Mine are also fairly chipped and tempted to get it done. Thanks

Sorry for the delay, was looking for the invoice, just over £800. Got the windscreen through insurance £75.

Sorry for the delay, was looking for the invoice, just over £800. Got the windscreen through insurance £75.
Thanks mate, was the windscreen cracked? Mine is stone chipped and would love a new one!

Back