• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Exhaust Options & Opinions

Hi all

Im in a bit of a conundrum at the minute. My FN2 is a daily, quite heavily used doing over 1000 miles per month.

Im wanting some nice power out of it, but nothing silly (wont be going FI) and I'm keen to keep the driveability element of it.

I've recently had fitted an AEM short ram air intake, which I changed back to the OEM air box & HKS panel filter as I preferred the noise of that and also how it drove low down the revs.

At the same time, I had a japspeed 4-2-1 decat manifold fitted along with the Tegiwa single exit 70mm catback. And its loud. Not the loudest car I've ever had, or the loudest civic out there. Its not even antisocial, its just too loud for me as a daily. On full chat its fine, but driving through town is loud when lightly accelerating. Sitting at 70mph is ok but touch the throttle and it gets loud for me. I'm getting old AF

So, I have some options but I want to find out what will be the best solution for me without stifling any power gains I would get from an Ecutek remap in the near future.

1. Remove the race header and keep the catback - but I've read the standard manifold & cat are very restrictive
2. Keep the race header, go back to the standard catback - what is the standard catback like for handling power?
3. Keep the race header and get an extra silencer welded into the tegiwa catback (struggling to get someone to do this)
4. Keep the race header and get a custom 2.5" catback made (I want to avoid this option because ££).

I'm angling towards option 2, if the standard catback will still give a decent power gain?

Anyone with tuning experience able to give any advice?

Thanks
Chris

Without tuning I can't see it offering too much of a benefit no matter what you add. Are you planning to have (or have you already had) it mapped?

Yeah that's my plan, I want to get it mapped. But I dont want to really kill off any potential gains by going back to the standard catback.

However from what I've read since I posted, all the power is held back by the standard manifold design and cat, not the standard catback itself (catback could be worth 5bhp tops)

Back