• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oem cat replacement ep3

I'm not looking for a race header or Dc5 header, can anyone recommend a cat to replace my oem one? I'd prefer not to get a second hand oem one. I believe an aftermarket cat has to be euro type approved.

I had mine replaced a couple of weeks ago, but I went for a second hand OEM one. The reason was the cost. The OEM cost just over 100 EUR. New aftermarket ones cost anywhere between 400 and 700 EUR. A brand new OEM cat costs, you might want to sit down at this point: 2500 EUR. These are the retail prices in Hungary. I wish you good luck with the swap mate! Just a hint: there are companies, who specialize in refurbishing catalytic converters. It might be worth contacting one, to ask for prices and possibilities.

The stupid chirping sound at low revs - higher throttle. After fixing all exhaust leaks, I thought the inside of the cat was broken, thus the chirping, but it remained after the change. Might be the straight through design of the Invidia, or busted exhaust manifold gasket, no idea. At least I started seeing steam etc out the back, which means the old cat was in pretty bad shape, I might have been in trouble at the next MOT.

Why do you want to get yours replaced?

From what i have read aftermarket cats can be a bit hit or miss. Cheapish one's do not seem to last and good one's are almost the cost of the car.

I replaced mine for a low mileage DC5 cat last year after the flange (at the catback end) disintegrated on my EP3 cat.

The fit is really good tbh. I did put a JDM front arb on at the same time though so not sure on clearance issues with the UKDM arb. I think you need stiffer engine mounts or engine mount inserts to use the standard EP3 arb .

The only problem i encountered was having to put a short O2 sensor spacer in after the cat as the EML kept coming on due to the better flowing cat on the DC5. Sailed through the emitions for it's MOT a couple of weeks later though so seems to be ok.

I'm going to shove some cataclean in first but I got it remapped and the car hit just over 200 bhp at 7,100 rpm and stayed there until 8,400 rpm. Flat peak power suggests to me that the cat might be stuffed

An OEM cat brand new from Honda is well expensive IIRC well over a grand in our money.

Not sure on cheaper brands but as said they will be hit or miss as will some sports cats come MOT time.

Could have a look at Japspeeds sports cat? Not sure what they are like come MOT time or for longevity though.

Look at Magnaflow. I had their catback on my Jordan. Very high quality. They make sports cats of different cell ranges.

Back