• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Dyno mode for the FK2

well if you just go to a test bench to see how much power your car have, it won't do a proper test, unless it's in dyno mode.
It's no enough to shut down the CVA .

well if you just go to a test bench to see how much power your car have, it won't do a proper test, unless it's in dyno mode.
It's no enough to shut down the CVA .
What is the CVA ? Lol! Dude I have never heard of such things as dyno mode or shutting down the CVA?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

no idea what CVA is.
maybe OP mixed up with FK8 which needs more steps to disable VSA (apparently).
go to a tuner whos familer with the FK2. they'll know what to do.

afaik, just disable VSA and job done. it's how we run on track, although i doubt it'll do much unless your running crap tyres that are slipping on the rollers.

What is the CVA ? Lol! Dude I have never heard of such things as dyno mode or shutting down the CVA?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sorry CVA is in Portuguese... I should said VSA :)
So none of you have made a repro on your car and don't have any clue if you really have 300HP on your cars... lol.
After some upgrades, like exhaust, air filter I would like to know how many HP I have...

Paulo R

Sorry CVA is in Portuguese... I should said VSA :)
So none of you have made a repro on your car and don't have any clue if you really have 300HP on your cars... lol.
After some upgrades, like exhaust, air filter I would like to know how many HP I have...

Paulo R

some of us go with butt-dyno rather than chase numbers :D
you're right on knowing what's going on after upgrades. while i am interested, time on a dyno just to see seems a waste as i'd only get the itch to remap to get the full potential. no dyno and i can live in my own world!

what i have found myself wondering about recently is the ECU has target power figures. once met, surely it's going to ease off the power? makes me wonder how much use any mod is without a remap.

the 10sec press on VSA is an fk8 thing isn't it? nothing happens on our fk2 after this time so seems to be either on or off. fk8 have to faff about doing some sort of process to fully disable.

some of us go with butt-dyno rather than chase numbers :D
you're right on knowing what's going on after upgrades. while i am interested, time on a dyno just to see seems a waste as i'd only get the itch to remap to get the full potential. no dyno and i can live in my own world!

what i have found myself wondering about recently is the ECU has target power figures. once met, surely it's going to ease off the power? makes me wonder how much use any mod is without a remap.

the 10sec press on VSA is an fk8 thing isn't it? nothing happens on our fk2 after this time so seems to be either on or off. fk8 have to faff about doing some sort of process to fully disable.

You're right...
I also did a remap... the hardware added some power 339HP and 449Nm...
the remap brings me new values at least on binary values 549Nm and this was a sticky value.... on HP I couldn't get a decent read. I suppose because it's not in dyno mode... the values goes from 324HP to 348HP, we also notice that the car won't cut on the red line... so my question remains, how did you make a dyno test? is there a dyno mode for the FK2?
Hondata manual says something about a pedal dance/VSA cycle. but before I went to dyno again I would like to know a safe way to put in the dyno. That VSA 2 seconds is not working for me :( the readings vary too much.

is the ECU pulling back due to temperatures?

No, it's not a temp prob.
I'll be next saturday on the dyno again... let's see how it goes. The Honda guys says that for getting the FK2 in to dyno mode , we have be on +R mode and then press VSA button for about 12 seconds, the VSA light will come on (saying VSA off) and then will come off after 10 or 12 seconds...
I will test that next weekend.

Paulo R

So after a long afternoon at the dyno, the results were... 0
We managed to get 325HP and 530nm... I wonder why... the repro guy was also curious why.
The same map was applied to another FK2 and gives him 365HP and 530nm with a stock car...
After 2 or 3 tryes, we started to wonder what was happening... and no clues. The IAT temperature was around 55º Celsius, the temperature that day was around 20º Celsius... I guess that this is regular... at 120Km/h @3000rpm in a road test around 45º Celsius at the IAT, outside temperature around 21º Celsius...
The car is equipped with Remus exhaust and Milltek race cat 200 cells, K&N air filter... I guess that I should get around 370HP and 540nm...
Water temperature was OK, no significant smoke on exhaust... Any ideas???

Thanks.

not quite sure on the symptoms, but t-valve mod and BOV could be somewhere to start. if i've understood how they start to fail on the fk2 then they wont hold boost reliably/leak boost.

i think i recall one of the tuners mentioning fuel systems runs close to its limit, so i assume your not hitting fuel starvation - i'm sure the dyno guys have seen this and already excluded it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, BOV is now stock, I had a Forge, but the original does a better job then Forge BOV. As for the T-valve is gone long time ago...
Although fuel may be the problem, I'm going to check fuel filter, it may be dirty... We never know. And yes, fuel systems runs close to its limit, but a stock car makes 390HP according to 7mod, probably the best Honda tunner in Europe (see facebook page 7mod).
Maybe the problem is lack of air in the intercooler in the dyno, or some problem in the circuit. Hondata says that the IAF temperature should be around 8º Celsius plus the ambient temp, so in a regular 20º day it should be 28º, I had 50º...

Back