• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Ep3 down on power, what to do next?

Including cat? :smt048

I've ordered a o2 sensor socket, will pull the primary o2 sensor and take it for a short run. Should determine if there's a blocked cat.

Including cat? :smt048

I've ordered a o2 sensor socket, will pull the primary o2 sensor and take it for a short run. Should determine if there's a blocked cat.
Won't having the primary pulled just throw it into limp mode and have it run bad anyway so you won't tell?

I’ve just found an old dyno sheet of an EP3 I had in 2004 , only mod was a “blitz sonic” intake and an s2000 starter button :)

203 bhp.

I did a data log this morning and it suggests there's no exhaust/cat restriction. Vacuum didn't drop much at all when I raised the rpm to 2500. Vacuum at around 21hg, I've read a healthy vacuum is 18/20 hg. Might be checking the valve clearances this weekend.
The problem is I'm not getting any codes, any driving issues, all obd2 readings suggest everything is fine and in tolerance. Even bad clearances should impact on vacuum. Just doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back